Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

You forgot the other 2 reasons

All Ireland tickets
Convention votes

Borris do they same, as do Rathdowney and Errill. I don’t blame them either.

They’ve a great chance of winning the SHC this year, they’d be mad to risk that for a JFC C.

Is that Ballyfins second team? They should be better than that you’d feel

There’s some lovely little intricacies in the Laois club scene

Convention votes? Hardly the value they used to be. And a dear set of 4 AI tickets given affiliation and insurance costs.
I don’t think Ballyfin second football team would be up to much. You’d be amazed at the split in the club between the hurling and football people.

You only appreciate the value of a convention vote when you need it and don’t have it.

2 Likes

True I guess but is anything decided at convention anymore?

Would they have been handy underage footballers on the way up? Pity they didn’t play the hurling first and those lads could focus on a bit of football for once.

The votes are sorted well in advance alright, the phone calls go out in the days leading up. But there’s been a few kick in the holes handed out on Convention night from time to time.

Huh?

Like in Wexford, Carlow etc. Played hurling first but seems to be good interest in playing the football now too amongst county hurlers.

Pfft. Fuck that bollocks.

Must be awful for rival clubs having to join up in Laois.

Pfft

And Kerry. And Offaly. And Limerick. And Galway. Seems to happen quite a bit really.

Not everyone can be Rosenallis.

1 Like

Is that Portlaoise gone lads ??

No, into the losers section, but vulnerable. No Bruno, no party.

1 Like

No Healy is a killer for them too. Emo have been the best I’ve seen but I’ve only caught 6 games.

They’re not replacing like with like anywhere. Also their underage teams have won fuck all for a decade.

Ding dong.

2 Likes

There must have been war when they were pitch-sharing if there was that bad blood between them.