Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

I think this will actually work out just fine for both Eddie and Colm

6 Likes

Has he made sure it’s the Four Seasons hotel he has booked?

Like @balbec, I’d give Woolie the benefit of the doubt here. He’s a good listen and gives a lot more exposure to hurling than the Sunday game with discussions on Christy Ring and Joe McDonagh.

He’s a good interviewer and a bit like Bill O Herlihy drawing out answers from his guests by asking simple/silly questions and being a bit of a shitstirrer.

I’d take him any day over the dross on RTE

7 Likes

Fine for Eddie anyway. Simple case is he was shafted, whether Wooly meant it or not. I’d imagine lads would be slower to talk to him no matter what.

Things will get so bad that he’ll have to get Damian Hayes back on a Monday.

11 Likes

Wollys podcasts are usually a decent listen in fairness, good variety of guests and covers lowers leagues
I’d say a genuine mistake/error.

1 Like

Wooly gets plenty attention from this and the lads that weren’t ever going to talk to him have an excuse now.

Eddie gets to stop pushing a boulder uphill and isn’t going to be bothered by any CB that isn’t going to put proper funding in place

Win, win.

It would be great if the sound engineer came out saying it was on purpose.

1 Like

"It’s the Richie sadlier bio caption of gaa

Colm Parkinson, siegerson cup winner"

:sweat_smile:

That’s Sigerson mate

Seems like maybe he’s not so sound after all.

2 Likes

(sic)

1 Like

I may have to rethink my avatar

I actually enjoyed it as a listen. Eddie doesn’t like Davy.

That was common knowledge. He’s been using his RTÉ platform to snipe away at Davy on an intermittent basis since he’s moved to Wexford. Actually, if I recall correctly, FOTF Darren Frehill was so taken by Tipp-Wexford last year and how even his seasoned Sunday Sport guests got carried away by the ending, he played some audio of Eddie and Brian Carroll’s reaction. Eddie was positively gleeful that Wexford had lost.

Lads complain about county board officials but behind all the bluster there is never a queue out the door to take on those jobs.

9 Likes

That’s exactly it in a nutshell.

Correct. Like Eddie said to the ex Laois players that were whinging,stop your moaning infiltrate the county board and get rid of these lads.Problem is most lads don’t want to put up with the politics involved and who can blame them.

Funny how that works out so neatly. Golly gosh, it’s like it could have been preplanned or something.