Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

You know them well?

Quelle surprise … Read the sign above the door “Laois GAA - lads turning on eachother “…wanton violence …

Rathdowney Errill look to be the team to beat in the SHC. Despite Clough Ballacolla going for 3 in a row and looking impressive, you’d feel if Rathdowney Errill keep everyone right they should have enough.

The Harps won’t be making it this year yet, Ollie Baker walking out the week before championship didn’t help matters and a defeat to Castletown at the weekend has them heading to a relegation final with Ballinakill.

2 Likes

I remember them only from listering late on a Sunday night to the late Seán Óg Ó Ceallacháin mentioning a club that I picked up as Ballypickaxe, the most wonderfully sounding Laois hurling club imaginable.

1 Like

If you saw the video you’d be further convinced you heard right, albeit the pickaxeing with the hurl came from Borris, in reply to as lovey a blindsided knockout punch as you’re likely to see.

Never a good idea to live stream a Laois IHC game you’d feel.

2 Likes

Is Declan Laffan still with C/B?

Yea.

Why did Baker walk @myboyblue

Mutual agreement. They both felt the other wasn’t worth the trouble

Don’t think so but not sure who is now you mention it

Nevermind, he’s still there alright. Heard he was in somewhere else also a while back though.

Who has taken over from the great Shane Keegan in Rathdowney this year?

Great?

Spórt TG4 shared a post on Instagram: "Aisling Donoher (aka Mamaí) agus @doitfordan2019 💙

#ProperFan @aisling_donoher 

@laoislgfa  @clglaois @ladiesgaelicfootball". Follow their account to see 1978 posts.

8 Likes

I see Mass cards are the new thing now

There’s one for you @anon67715551

Let him at it @Kid_Curry

Doubt a prime gig like TSG will be handed to someone outside the Montrose clique.
Big John looking fresh there.

A gentle giant

Got them. Interesting photo - styles change for sure.

1 Like

Two of the absolute greats. You’d barely recognise Hughie anymore. His young lad is a player, hurler and footballer

I saw that somewhere, possibly here. I wouldn’t have recognised Costello but for the clue to be honest. A fine midfielder in his day, he’d have been on the 86 league winning team I think. Jesus, that’s 36 years ago…:cry:

1 Like