Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

Laffan has stepped away from Clough Ballacolla

“The club cannot put into words the incredible work and efforts Declan Laffan has put into our club the past three years.

“Our success on the field is only a mere glimpse of how great a position Declan is leaving the club in.

“Declan was a gentleman to work with and each and every one of our players and members are hugely grateful for his time and expertise.

“We want to extend a huge thank you to Declan, wish him the very best of luck with his new role with Tipperary as well as wishing him and his family a wonderful Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year.”

A true Gael.

Happy IC retirement Ross :clap:

To answer my own question, Mick Dempsey.

Ah shtop …

Ah of course. Mea culpa on that one. I knew I’d heard 4 names mentioned.

Cody Comerford :clap:

Senior Hurling Club Managers 2023

Abbeyleix – PJ Peacock (1st year)
Borris-Kilcotton – PJ Delaney (1st Year)
Camross – David Cuddy (3nd Year)
Castletown – David Cuddy (2nd Year)
Clough-Ballacolla – TBC
Rathdowney-Errill – Martin Power (1st Year)
Rosenallis – Dan Gilmartin (1st Year)
The Harps – Alan Guilfoyle and Ross Young (1st Year)

I’ll be disappointed in Martin Power of Waterford isn’t related to Powery @Fagan_ODowd

Did he ever play with Camross & was he any good if so? That’s the Quanity Surveyor if it’s same lad i’m thinking of.

Is that PJ Delaney , Johnstown?

David Cuddy is an extremely popular name in Laois. I presume neither of those are the forestry David Cuddy either.

That’s him. I’m not that familiar with him as a hurler but he also has his name on tbe jersey currently

It is

1 Like

Correct. The Castletown one is the legendary David Cuddy, a powerful man and hurler

I had a good few dealings with him, sound enough fella to be fair. I saw him pick up a hurley and strike a ball one day & thought this lad has never played hurling.

Hard believe a Cuddy in Camross never held a hurl but that might not have stopped them from stopping a lad hurling

2 Likes

Don’t think so. Don’t think I’ve heard of this laddie.

Rathdowney-Errill have turned to Waterford man Martin Power. A guard based in Kilkenny, he managed Lisdowney to Kilkenny intermediate glory in 2020.

1 Like

I see ye are losing one to fucking American football now @myboyblue

A son of one of Carlows finest administrators.

Interesting choice to MC the Portlaoise celebrations last night with one of the top media broadcasters in the country a clubman.