Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

Dreadfully sad news. He hurled with Mary I Thurles in the Ryan Cup Final last week. A fine hurler, especially talented free taker. He hurled 3 years for Laois at U20 up to and including last year. He’d have hurled senior, I’ve no doubt. Just shocking for the family and friends.

RIP Adam.

9 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Just found out he was over in Birmingham with us when he was at Gaelscoil Thromaire. So sad. Noticed the mother’s name and made enquiries. 2012 I’d say

1 Like

Should be a cracker in Carlow tomorrow night. Can’t wait.

Laois scraped over 15 Carlow mullockers tonight in the swamp of Netwatch Park. Shur twill do.

You wouldn’t be feeling confident but these Kilkenny fellas seem to lack discipline so you’d always hold out hope for more sendings off

Scratch that lads, I think we’re in bother

Mighty sound of us to be congratulating Kilkenny on their 11 point win. True Gaels.

Great day for Laois all round … you’d have to say …

Worth noting there was no sending off in either game today @locke

On the day of one heartbreaking funeral, another reminder of another life lost

Heartbreaking stuff. Todays events in Portlaoise will be an awful end to an awful week.

4 Likes

Absolutely massive funeral. Very sad.

1 Like

Unbelievable. Just so sad. Poor chap. Poor family. Poor friends. White coffins are never good.

I’d know David’s father James well enough. Never called him anything only Fats. Lovely lad. Played a lot of shite soccer games with and against him.
Can’t even begin to imagine what they are going through. Hope they can find the strength to get through the next days, weeks etc.

1 Like
2 Likes

Still a stone in his shoe. That’s cheered me right up.

It’s shocking to be conceding 4-30 in a football game …

It’s Laois. Why is there even a thread on this?

2 Likes

Myboyblue

Portlaoise have picked up a good one from Kerry

John Mark Foley Kilgarvan

He won 2 all ireland minor football medals at midfield, serious hurler as well

He is a guard. Big lad fine player in both codes