Lawnmowers

Biggs & Stratton the only man

2 Likes

My brother in law has at least an acre in 3 or 4 different sections. His is hilly enough in places too. You just get a bigger model if you have a much bigger lawn. But it doesn’t really matter because it just cuts until it has 10% battery left and then just goes and charges itself and goes again.

It cuts the lawn every day so it hits every bit of lawn a few times a week. If you go onto some of the sites it will allow you find your house on Google maps and tell you exact size of lawn and recommend model you need.

Fuck all maintenance in them either compared to the ride ons. Atkins in cork sell loads of them

Those yokes would never do in Limerick. We like a bit of long grass.

2 Likes

Same problem in cork it cuts the mushrooms off at source

Briggs & Stratton, 11.1 kW @ 2600 rpm, Hydrostatic, 107 cm / 42 inch

Pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission.

I want to get a front cutter next year

Ye’ve more problems in Cork then that[quote=“gilgamboa, post:44, topic:14139, full:true”]
Same problem in cork it cuts the mushrooms off at source
[/quote]

Kinda wanted a front deck model too but I need to collect the grass for a few months until it’s short enough to mulch continuously.

1 Like

Are you renting the property or is it your own is the key question.

My own.

Spend that bit extra then on a good petrol lawnmower as @balbec advised.

Spending an extra grand on a drive on at your age is madness.

There’s a great buzz about firing up the auld Biggs & Stratton.

2 Likes

Big time…my father gave me his old one…never get a better cut either.

20 years old and still going strong.

1 Like

What about a child. Would it go over one of them?[quote=“gilgamboa, post:36, topic:14139, full:true”]
Robot 100%

Brother in law has one. He has about the same. Will go over footpaths gravel the whole lot. Costs less than 50 quid a year in electricity. Can program to cut every night if you want so you never even see it doing it’s thing.

Because it let’s it’s (miniscule) cuttings behind it is very good for lawn as well
[/quote]

The engine doesn’t cut the grass, it powers the blades.

You’ll get it when you buy one.

Not sure if you are joking or not. No is the answer. It’s the same size as a push mower if not smaller…without the handle obviously

Anyone have one of these bad boys?

http://www.castelgarden.com/products/castelgarden/lawn-tractors/2t0950273-11-pc-xt-190-hd.html

Not a joke, just I have kids and would be well wary of them around a robotic lawnmower.

Briggs and Stratton.

@carryharry have you considered a zero turn ride on? They’re all the rage here. My friends in the industry recommend the Husqvarna.Z242F.
I recently bought a Husky petrol 4 stroke snd it’s the business.

Zero turn machines are very expensive & plus I need to collect the grass for a while first.