League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

1 Like

2 1 UCD

It’s because ‘cork’ would be seen as the gaa teams. A lot of supporters of both down there. Also was cork Hibs and cork Celtic before Siddy came along so I suppose it distinguishes from them. Sligo fans call their team Rovers and call shamrock rovers ‘shams’

Sligo say the “bit o’ red”

I have digested what you say re Cork but I am not for changing

Yupa :handshake:

The worst Blues display I can ever recall seeing. From back to front it looked like they all bottled it. UCD the far sharper, hungrier team. Hunted in packs and used the ball way better than the hoof merchants in blue. Disaster of a result to cap a shocking week. Tin hat on it was Whelan scoring the goal and running them ragged all night.

Shamrock will be the southern most team in top division next season
Not good for the league

First division be a real scrap to get promoted

No representative from Tipperary, any of the 8 counties bordering Tipperary or Wexford.

A Dublin regional league with a handful of stragglers from the North West.

First division with a real MSL feel to it next season

conor whelan is the truth

farcical stuff again now with UCD
by June next year they’ll have a completely new , younger side and go straight back down

Not their fault that’s the nature of the beast really. First division will be some bear pit next year.
Only one city in the Republic and one in the North obviously, represented. Galway, Cork, Limerick and Waterford a sad state of affairs. 5 Dublin teams in premier and 2 in Louth. Does no one any good.

1 Like

Bunk Moreland knows the score

What’s the story there?

I think he just follows a few teams called Saints, as he is a New Orleans Saints fan

1 Like

Git and Bucko: A Cup final with the heart and soul of Dublin · The42

1 Like

Great interview with Ross Tierney in the Indo today…yeah I know we go on about the BSC but we have to agree that Keith Long is a thoroughly decent man…

I really really hope things go well for Tierney at Motherwell , I really do but part of me thinks , he’s only 20, has two young kids, one was very ill :=( , that desperate awful story about his poor brother, the stuff about the lad from Shels dying on the pitch…I just feel , home may be the best place for him to prosper…and going away id be worried for the lad…
I can only wish him well really, seems a very sound kid

2 Likes

the LOI weeks pod is super btw with Dan and J Ward…even if you’d no interest in LOI this weeks one is worth a listen

1 Like

Its street players will make it. Not fellas from suburbs that are minded