Leaving Cert Results

When I got my results back in 03. I unintentionally slept in ,went up to the school in the afternoon and got the results after 2 other lads from my year. One of which is doing life for murder, the other died recently of an overdose. All things considered the leaving means fuck all.

You can go to LIT or Limerick Senior College and transfer to UL etc after a couple of years if you have the motivation.

[QUOTE=“The Most Infamous, post: 1000981, member: 1783”]When I got my results back in 03. I unintentionally slept in ,went up to the school in the afternoon and got the results after 2 other lads from my year. One of which is doing life for murder, the other died recently of an overdose. All things considered the leaving means fuck all.

You can go to LIT or Limerick Senior College and transfer to UL etc after a couple of years if you have the motivation.[/QUOTE]

That’s not taking away from anyone who works there balls off and reaches their goal of 550 points etc

Why anyone would want to waste their collage life in UCD I do not know. Full of fucking dry cunts who have no concept of craic or how to enjoy themselves. Half the cunts there live at home with their parents and the rest are from inbred back waters such as Carlow, Laois and Westmeath. @gaamad I suggest you head to either Limerick or Cork if you want an authentic student experience.

Just as well he has good people around Gorey to keep him on the straight and narrow

@giloppy too late now but surely Trinity’d be dryer than that. A hoard of Gorey men and women are heading to UCD. I can’t go too far, need to keep up work at home at the minute.

Jaysus @FaganODowd if that’s the case I’d be pissed off. Hard for a stubborn cynic to become a revisionist. @Mac has it figured out.

Is it only the history you’re all against? Not the politics?

@gaamad1996 , when is the Debs? Going ploughing?

Debs is Thursday night, Arklow Bay Hotel. Are ya crashing it? Yeah I’ll be at the ploughing, recording a few vox pops. More concerned about getting All-Ireland tickets for the hurling.

Trinity College@Dublin University is Ireland’s premier* college@Ireland’s premier university**, mate.

You’ll learn amidst an atmosphere of history, whether you study history or something else entirely.

You’ll also be mixing with a better class of person, such as Protestant girls from the six counties who play hockey, and students from England who didn’t get the grades to go to Oxford or Cambridge.

You’ll get to watch cricket at lunchtime***.

That certainly beats hanging around with muckarses in an institution which resembles a gulag.

In terms of Dublin University’s supposed “dryness”, you’ve obviously never experienced a November Friday night on the steps of the Pav.

Trinners is for winners, mate.

*only
**Queen’s University, Belfast being the only other one
***From late April onwards

For the love of god if you do do History you’d better (a) be in the top 1% in the class, (b) come out with, at the absolute minimum, a Masters and © get shit-tons of club, charity and ‘work’ experience there to bulk up your CV, because a History degree won’t even get you a job in MaccieDs unless you appear to be an otherwise exceptional candidate.

I don’t think anyone suggests a history degree will get you a job ffs. Having to do a masters or the H Dip is a given thus meaning you spend 4 years in college same as most decent degrees.

Thanks for agreeing with me mate.

Doing an arts degree is a foundation to go on and do a postgrad in any chosen field once you get some experience of said path on your cv. It’s the long way around but how bad.

Lads, this fella will be presenting the Sunday Game in a few years. What course he does in college doesn’t matter a jot.

Maybe I should have said this at the start but I’m hoping to do a Journalism MA in DCU after my degree.

Is he connected to the RTE clique? Coming from Wexford, can he speak English? Is he bland enough?

I wish @gaamad1996 well in his efforts to oust that cunt Des Cahill from The Sunday Game hot-seat.

[QUOTE=“gaamad1996, post: 1000640, member: 1757”]Thanks @carryharry[/USER] [USER=109]@Mac[/USER] and @Bandage / @Dirty Pants Walter / [USER=9]@Bartosz Bereszynskiego

RTÉ is only across the road. This suits me because late night Sunday Game production runner shifts are imminent.
[/QUOTE]
Don’t count on it pal unless you’ve already been offered something. Des Cahill’s son has a degree in Media/Comms and couldn’t get a job as a runner. Like goldust apparently, and not at all based on merit.

@myboyblue is a graduate of this course, I believe, as I am myself. You really couldn’t have two better* people to ask about it.

*worse

1 Like

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1001141, member: 183”]@myboyblue is a graduate of this course, I believe, as I am myself. You really couldn’t have two better* people to ask about it.

*worse[/QUOTE]
Good times Sid, good times.

My favourite memory is seeing one of the local hard chaws cream Conor Mortimer out of it with a pub stool.