Leaving Cert Results

Thanks Julio. I appreciate it.

Best of luck for your results, @ProjectMaths.

Was it not 4000 that failed ordinary level maths?

Edit - it was across the board

Iā€™m refusing to open my envelope until the RTE camera gets here

Failing ordinary maths ffs. Good way of stopping the thick cunts from going to college

If your failing ordinary maths youā€™ve no business in college anyway, there are plenty other avenues open to you in life. People need to stop going to college for the sake it. Itā€™s not for everyone and it isnā€™t meant to be.

3 Likes

I have seen poor first year college results round my neighbourhood both last year and this along with a very high level of repeat exams. Too many appear to be going to college courses that they are not suitable for.

2 Likes

In first year I only went to one Maths lecture all year and failed the Christmas exam. Had to go back to my old teacher for grinds before the repeats. I was embarrassed when she actually sat down and explained it to me, it was very handy stuff.

I learnt my lesson and made sure to get to at least 2 lectures every other semester.

3 Likes

people out of Leaving cert are not ready for third level

The maths bonus points has caused serious point inflation in the top courses.
That along with people going for courses based on the number of points they get rather than what would suit them or what theyā€™d be interested in is the problem.

Only one fail. Pfffft, you were a relative success.

Two fails in first semester of first year, no more after that. The other one was a physics type thing. I never knew it was an open book exam.

The maths bonus should not have altered the dynamic for someone who gets a business or science choice degree with 450 points. That is where I see the fails.

There is an anecdotal high dropout rate in the medical courses for students who were not truly interested in the area in the first place, but I donā€™t see any stats from colleges to show it.

Like hurling a just because you do well at under age dose not mean, you will be good at the next stage

2 Likes

:speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Numbers across every college are ridiculousā€¦ Repeats and fails across the board are well up.

1 Like

It is shocking. The idea of 1st year in collage should be all how to write and put ideas on paper

Nobody writes on paper no more joe.

I know and its brill

Iā€™m in a bit of a ponder here, extatic nephew and an inconsolable niece,