Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

That would come down to scoring difference then. Realistically you’d imagine Galway will wrack up a larger + margin in the games versus Antrim and Dublin than Wexford will against Carlow and Kilkenny. But hopefully Antrim can really rattle them in Corrigan Park. I had an inkling at the time anyway, but it’s very clear now that the late Galway equaliser in Salthill last week was a disaster from a Wexford perspective. It’ll be a sickener if Galway make the Leinster final having failed to beat Kilkenny or Wexford while Wexford miss out despite victories against Galway and Kilkenny. It would be the most typical Wexford sequence of events ever.

It’s mad to think they won 4 minor All-Ireland’s in a row but don’t appear to have a huge amount filtering through. I suppose all bar one of those were under the current U17 system which isn’t as much of an indicator of future success as U18 would’ve been. Galway have a long tradition of not building on minor exploits too. Nobody could lay a hand on their minor team in 2019. Jack Canning looked the part in the 2017 final but even at the time the talk was that he wouldn’t emulate his uncles Ollie and Joe.

Feargal Healy is over them. His style with the minors was to keep the ball away from his best players up front by playing 20 yard passes across the full back line until they get turned over.

4 Likes

Is it a thing at inter county that when it’s a 3 way tie that all results are discounted and they look at a mini league between the 3 of them?

That applies at a club level in Wexford.

In the event that we get 7 points that regulation would put us top of the group.

Which is right and just.

1 Like

Head to head out the windy… Points scored is my understanding

As I understand, it just goes to points difference for a tie with 3 or more. Head to head when 2 sides are tied.

Would Wexford be hoping for a Dublin win over Antrim? It will be very tight to see who advances in 3rd spot I’d say. Wexford probably need a 10 plus point win vs Carlow.

We tried that ourselves this year at minor and 20s. Hasn’t worked yet, but we’ll keep trying.

The ironing

I see the Leinster SHC final is on a Saturday evening in Croke Park.

Fuck that.

I want no hand act or part in it.

Beat Carlow heavily. Lose to KK narrowly. That will do.

If we got there we’d be the only county to bring any form of occasion to it mind.

Still a ball ache to have it on a Saturday evening.

1 Like

In fact, we’d be the only county connected to Dublin by train that Irish Rail wouldn’t do a special or two after the match.

Careful now. You run the risk of a split season zealot like @Perez2017 calling you a doom and gloom merchant for decrying the playing of the Leinster Hurling Final on a Saturday evening.

The fixtures are nearly all ridiculous.

Who is your sauce here pal?

My sauces indicate mini league.

From a quick glance at it all there, Wexford could really do with Dublin beating Antrim next week. Otherwise Wexford are most likely going to Nowlan Park last round, needing to win to avoid elimination.

I’d say so.

Leinster has the club format - head to head for two teams tied, mini league for more than two teams tied.

Munster is head to head for two teams tied, total scoring diff for more than two teams tied.

3rd place in Munster looks weak this.

If Wexford aren’t in the Leinster Final they may as well play it in Parnell Park.

1 Like