Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

Where would be best place go where I don’t come away with headache from sun pal?

They are all much of a muchness on any given day but KK and Galway over the course of a season are a little step ahead.

1 Like

Dublin ahead of Wexford anyway.

Edited: Dublin on form better than Wx I mean to say @gilgamboa

Bang on the money Dan , they should look to amalgamate Meath with Louth and put Longford with Laois to add two more teams to the mix.

Longford probably prefer to paddle their own canoe id say

1 Like

The high stool

Hon myshall hon carlow. What a championship

1 Like

Is that Carlow’s greatest ever SHC result? I presume @ChairmanDan will be able to give us the low down.

Leinster is BAWX OFFICE.

1 Like

Well done Carlow…great result and performance…
Leinster just got even more interesting now
Dubs the only team to win away so far but they wont beat kk next week …imagine the abuse the cats will be getting for the nxt few days there has to be a backlash.

Wex might have to win there last 2 games to qualify now
Antrim are a bloddy disgrace away from corrigan park and i hope they get relegated now.
Carlow desrve to at least stay up in liam mac cup

Some wildly unexpected results so far but thats amateur sport for you

1 Like

Ah here sure ye beat offaly by about 30 points last year. Kilkenny beat carlow by 32 3 week ago.

My first reaction to Carlow’s great result was…shit Wexford might be relegated on 3 points now if we lose to Carlow next week.

It would be the best ever result for Carlow in Leinster SHC. They did beat a Cork team with Christy Ring in a league match back in the early 1960’s.

Good sprinkling of that Carlow team today made up of fellows who’s fathers I hurled with and against.

28 Likes

Some result for Carlow
Looking at the bigger picture, Leinster hurling is in serious trouble.

Westmeath, Antrim and Carlow have all actually got results, not just creditable performances against bigger teams in last few years.

I think the Joe McDonagh has been a good initiative. Lots of good attacking hurling played in it, bringing on all these teams.

5 Likes

Congratulations mate

Hurlers seem to have very poor support compared to the footballers even though hurlers much better and higher ranked with more potential to improve

1 Like

14 of the starting 15 today were from the 4 hurling clubs in the south of the county. The biggest centre of population across those 4 clubs is Borris which has a population of about 650. It’s a very small base

The lower end of Saint Mullins is closer to Waterford than it is to Carlow. There was a good Carlow crowd from across the county last year in Croke Park last year for Joe McDonagh Cup Final. Likes of today really only for the very invested.

4 Likes

Yeah thats a truly shocking result for kk no matter what way you look at it.
With Galway going backwards its looking poor for the province
I still wouldnt be surprised if a leinster team took out a munster team in the knockouts.
That was a ridiculously high scoring game in cork today… defending seens to be an optional extra in these games

Munster team will win Liam though

Congratulations @ChairmanDan and @Fitzy

9 Likes

Wexford could be a dangerous floater in knockout stages if they make it that far. Because of that utterly idiotic loss to an Antrim team who everyone else is beating by 20+, they’ll probably need to get at least a draw in Kilkenny last day, against a Kilkenny side who themselves will probably need a result to get to Leinster Final.