Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

The one thing that I have known all my life, is how consistent Antrim are at being inconsistent. Didn’t play at all today after the Wexford performance. Kept pumping long high ball down on the Dublin full back line and they mopped it up. As for short fucking puckouts, why do teams try when they don’t have the players to execute them.

3 Likes

Wexford are a bit of a floater alright.

1 Like

Didn’t realise Kevin Jordan was reffing Senior Inter County games now.

Tipp are doing one thing right and thats producing a few top referees.

Mad to think that Kilkenny drew with an amalgamation of MLR and St Mullins. Although to be fair Myshall supplied Brian Treacy, John Michael Nolan and Scott Treacy, Dion Wall is Ballinkillen and Jack McCullagh is from Bagenalstown. Two generational club teams by Carlow standards really keeping them competitive though. Imagine if they had a strong Carlow Town.

1 Like

It would be classic Leinster fare now for Antrim to beat Carlow by 5 points despite Carlow faring much better overall against the other teams.

You couldn’t begin to predict how Leinster will finish up. I’ve only just copped Dublin are top. OK they have the two best sides yet to play, but one of those sides is Galway.

1 Like

Kilkenny could be in trouble.

Dublin away and Wexford will surely beat them anyway on the last day.

They will surely bring a massive performance next week after such a flat showing today. O’Donoghue had the Dubs on the right track but are they good enough to beat Kilkenny if they match their workrate

1 Like

Its all worked out nicely for Dublin. A raucous Parnell Park next week won’t be easy for Kilkenny.

I said it here earlier in the season that Leinster gets unfair criticism. There may have been a few Kilkenny v Galway finals recently but it’s never a given and there’s been plenty of upsets like Dublin beating Galway in the 2021 Leinster semi-final or Wexford regularly scalping Kilkenny. This year the shock factor has gone into overdrive, mainly thanks to Wexford’s enigmatic nature and a foolish red card for Killian Doyle. The variety of potential permutations are wild now.

2 Likes

I reckon Wexford will beat Carlow by a double digit margin next week.

Dublin v Kilkenny in Parnell Park could be interesting. Dublin still have serious hang ups at the sight of the Kilkenny jersey. They have caused Galway and Wexford plenty of problems in round robin, have eliminated both but in an era when Kilkenny are more or less at the same level as Galway and Wexford, Dublin have still had a major mental block facing them.

If Dublin have the right attitude next week, they’ll have every chance. A big if though.

They really ought to have beaten Kilkenny in 2018 under Pat Gilroy. Rattled them in 2019 too when Greg Kennedy dished out a nice shoulder. I think today’s draw is a bad result from a Wexford perspective as Kilkenny will now be going full-tilt on the final matchday.

What is Kilkenny at full tilt now though? Wexford might just be good enough to beat them anyway.

1 Like

Yeah right

A narrow defeat might be good enuf for them to qualify though
They havent performed any time theyve got to the last 6 recently tbh…shocking v clare x2

For that reason Id prefer to see Wexford getting through if only to see Chin and ROC in action on the bigger stage.

1 Like

Ballsy call mate. Fair play.

7 Likes

Is there any such thing as a raucous Dublin hurling supporter? Stoicism woukd be more their fortĂŠ

1 Like

The best 5 teams in the country are all in Munster.

Tipp are better than Kilkenny and Galway? A quick reminder that Clare have been knocked out of the last two championships by Kilkenny, while Galway accounted for Cork and Tipp.

8 Likes

Galway would still beat Tipp somehow.

1 Like

The Carkies are well and truly back. Cork finally win a championship match and @ousmanedembele has completely lost the run of himself. He’s taken it upon himself to do the @Locke hurling power rankings on a Sunday afternoon.

3 Likes