Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

Great result for Carlow. But I donā€™t think it has any real bearing on Kilkennyā€™s All Ireland credentials.

I know itā€™s not something they traditionally do, they tend to be fairly comfortable against the so-called weaker teams but the red card plus potentially taking the eye off the ball a bit has to be a factor.

Iā€™d still expect them to make an All Ireland final if they have everyone, they have a very strong first 15.

Not sure about Tipp, dont think there good but weā€™ll see next week.

1 Like

Theyā€™re certainly not as bad as they looked against Limerick.

Tipp are missing a bit of fire power up front.

I still give them a right chance next week. Cork had to go to the well last night and with the short turnaround they need to get refocused very quickly. That game last night took a lot out of them and while it wasnā€™t the result tipp wanted, it was the next best thing in terms of effort needed

1 Like

The consensus on the ground in Tipperary this morning was that Tipp have no chance next week.

Home game - wonder will the windy supporters come out for them?

Thats the feeling I got earlier too when around back home. Still it appears there will be a big Tipp home crowd in attendance. What struck me about the cork support last night was how young it was. Hordes of teenagers who would have only been a glint in their mothers eye when Cork and Sean Ɠg were last winning All Irelands. Thurles will be rocking next week. Given precarious nature of finances they might try and relax capacity constraints for this one.

1 Like

Because of the respect for Cork as much as anything else i think a bigger than usual Tipp crowd will turn up.

But the consensus is that it will be a wipeout.

The point last week has done little to raise expectations.

Thereā€™s a thread for Munster and Tipperary hurling, yet here you all are.

3 Likes

Cork are different class as supporters.

Thereā€™ll be a carnival atmosphere there next week that you just wouldnā€™t get with anyone else.

There were > 20k tipp supporters for the dead rubber vs Waterford last year. Theyll always be a crowd in Thurles. Many wouldnt fancy gaelic grounds or Walsh Park so will be plenty of first timers there Sunday. Waterford and Clare on at 2 will further add some intrigue.

1 Like

I was in city end last night. Great banter with them (was wearing my Tipp Top). All telling me ominously afterwards weā€™ll see ye next week. The Corkness is back. It was delerium when Horgan scored. They must have outnumbered Limerick 3 or 4 to 1. Liberty square Thurles will be the place to be 3 pm next Sunday.

4 Likes

Good opportunity to sympathise with each other. Brothers in arms

1 Like

Just watching highlights of KK Carlow game. Should TJ Reidā€™s last point have been a free in for Carlow given one of the KK backs either handpassed or threw the ball to himself?

1 Like

@Aertel220 pointed this out on another thread and the answer is yes.

2 Likes

It should have been a Carlow free. That was the one major Carlow gripe afterwards. A 2 point turnaround.

2 games left for Wexford. My analysis:

If we win both weā€™re in the Leinster final
If we win one weā€™re in that purgatory situation & eliminated
If we lose both weā€™re likely to be relegated to the Joe McDonagh

Unfortunately I feel as if the middle option is the most likely occurrence. We canā€™t keep beating Kilkenny in the final fixture of a Leinster round robin can we?

If ye beat carlow and lose to kilkenny and dublin lose both their games, dublin might pip ye on score difference.
Although dublins score difference could take a hit against kilkenny and galway.