Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

Yeah that’s the middle option that myself and Bandage have alluded to there. It’s not completely incomprehensible that we could overturn the scoring difference deficit but unlikely all the same. Kilkenny’s concession of late equalisers against Galway and Carlow isn’t good from a Wexford perspective. They won’t be for rolling over in the final round because of those late scores.

It’s hard not to feel a Wexford Leinster final appearance in the waters. The only question is whether Antrim, Carlow, Kilkenny or Dublin face them.

Don’t think there’s a scenario where Carlow can reach the Leinster Final. They can probably still theoretically qualify in 3rd with 5 points but 2nd is out of the question.

Antrim, coddlers or Kilkenny it is so.

My heart is bleeding here.

We’ll know more before we play on Sunday. Not sure what the idea is behind us playing on Sunday v Carlow when the other Leinster games are on Saturday

Kilkenny all of a sudden look very vulnerable and on the brink. Dublin are coming with a wet sail. The loss of Eoin Cody is incalcuable.

Dublin + 5 at evens looks good

I have bookies money from backing Cork last week to re-invest

When Dublin head into a championship match v Kilkenny with even the slightest hint of optimism it inevitably ends in a hiding for us.

13 Likes

Chastening and predictable.

Nearly worse in the league in recent years when we’ve played them shorn of their Ballyhale contingent, usually after we’ve beaten the likes of Wexford and Galway in a ‘succesful’ Walsh Cup campaign.

Went in expecting a result and always got our arses handed to us.

This talk of an injury-hit KK being vulnerable post-Carlow is the last thing we need to be hearing!

1 Like

When insert most other teams head into a championship match v Kilkenny with even the slightest hint of optimism it inevitably ends in a hiding for us.

2 Likes

Yep a history of that alright but maybe this is different!!??

There was a year in the late 1990s when the Dubs were half tipped to pull off an upset v Kilkenny

Liam Walsh was kind of a marquee player back them, they had a few others

Kilkenny gave them a trimming

Yeah. Michael O Grady was match. I think it was 97. It was the first time I saw Parnell full for a hurling manager. It was over in about 10 minutes. Dj got about 2-10

ÂŁ2.10?

5 Likes

May 31st, 1998. Carey got a goal early but Dublin fought back and were only a point down by half time I think. Kilkenny then proceeded to murder them as soon as the second half started.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that sort of recall

On the terrace I got stuck one step in front of a foul mouthed Kilkenny drunk in his late 40s or early 50s who probably had a week’s worth of cigarette ash all over his person. It was the first time I heard the immortal chant:
“Come On Ye Sooooper Cats
Come On Ye Sooooooper Cats
Come On Ye Soup
Come On Ye Super Cats”.

1 Like

2011 and 12’ being classics of the genre. They’d hammered Kilkenny in the 2011 league final and all. The 2012 game in Portlaoise was a bleak affair.

1 Like

They could’ve been out of sight after 10 minutes the last day though. Will Mullen and Cody be back for the Wexford game? It would’ve been a shock to the system to draw a championship game against a county who only have 9 (nine) hurling clubs and just 6 of them playing senior.

1 Like

Kilkenny supporters are like pints of guinness. Most of them are lovely but if you get a bad one it will absolutely poison you.

7 Likes