Leinster Hurling Thread *

@Fran @Piles_Hussain and other kk viewers of yesterday. What did ye make of cornelius concannon, if ye donā€™t mind me asking?

Iā€™m assuming you are updating the ridiculous sports peoples names thread as I type.

If I may cut in? Cornelius had two, possibly three touches. This was two, possibly three more touches than Joe Cooney. He looked dangerous when he got on it. Incoming GAA cliche; the wide open spaces of Croke Park will suit him.

3 Likes

Thanks. I often think the opposing supporters can judge an attacker better as they can apply the induced fear factor.

Poor auld Joe didnā€™t get a mention during the game.

Joe has been our best forward this year. Cody recognised this and made sure to stick his best back on him. Expect a big game from him Saturday night.

3 Likes

Who was marking him?

Thatā€™s what I like about the forwards. They share the burden. One or two of them might have a poor game but another two will take up the slack. Whelan the only lad that delivers every day. Be great if all 6 click on the one day. Seen a glimpse of it during the first 10 minutes of the All Ireland final.

1 Like

Paul Murphy

1 Like

Ball didnā€™t actually go into him that much. Just one of those days.

If Wexford beat Galway on Saturday (which could happen) and Dublin beat offaly on Sunday (which will probably happen), then itā€™s very likely that Galway v Dublin on Sunday week will be straight knock out, with the winners advancing and the losers knocked out.
Supposing wexford beat Galway by a point. Wexford could afford to lose to Kilkenny the following by up to 12 points and be certain of a place in the Leinster final, they could lose by 50 points and still be in the Leinster final if Galway lose to Dublin.
Itā€™s hard to see Galway losing both games, but wexford in wexford Park wonā€™t be easy. Lose that and face Dublin, who could easily have beaten both Kilkenny and Wexford, it would make the final round of games very interesting.
So while all the talk is of Dublin v offaly being a relegation decider, the Dubs know that a wexford win on Saturday really puts them back in the mix.
If Galway do beat wexford then the Dubs are fucked as their best case scenario would be to finish level on points with the losers of the wexford Kilkenny match and theyā€™d be eliminated on head to head

Not just very likely, thatā€™ll be the case. Wexford are through, at worst third, Galway will be in to week three of a hard run and third game in 13 days when Dublin come to salthill. Not impossible weā€™d be out weā€™ve lost a fair few matches at home that matter in the league over the past few years.

Wexford have no new injury concerns after the Offaly game according to the local press.

Are any of my Galway e-friends going to the game on Saturday?

:raising_hand_man:

Will you be marking yourself as recently returned to these shores by wearing some Canadian ice-hockey teamā€™s top or baseball cap, ala @Gman strutting around in his Sydney Swans garb at Wexford matches from 2009-13?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be wearing a Portland trail blazers jersey over a Canucks hockey jersey. Iā€™ll be high fiving random people in Galway jerseys screaming letā€™s do this, also will be seeking out hot dogs and dancing furiously hoping to get caught on camera.

I actually will wear a North American based ball cap. Feel free to come up and say hi pal.

16 Likes

I find it very hard to believe @Gman was wearing Swans merchandise.

iā€™m sure a certain limerick poster would be interested in swans merchandise.

4 Likes

Schwans.

thatā€™s very close to a german word that means something entirely different.