Leitrim Football 2014

Came on yesterday as a sub and looked busy. In the frame going forward as they say.

He captained his club St Marys to the Leitrim Senior Championship this year.

I read on the Observer that Croal is not on the panel this year. Him, BB and Beano. I wouldn’t mind so much about the latter two but Croal would certainly be useful to have.

Croal hasn’t been the same since he got that belt against clare last year, glancy should have been dropped a couple of years ago, my brother in dublin was telling me clubs up there are falling over themselves trying to get glancy to train them hes supposed to be a top coach by all accounts

Paul brennan is a certainty for a black card next week

Glancy was excellent against Wicklow in the qualifiers in 2012 to be fair. Kicked about 5 or 6 points from play and gave his marker (I forget who) a torrid time.

Lads, for those planning on going to the Antrim game on Sunday, it’s €5 cheaper if buy your ticket before Sunday.

€10 as opposed to €15 on the day

Here are the full set of league fixtures.

Sunday, February 2, 2pm - Leitrim v Antrim

Sunday, February 9, 2pm - Clare v Leitrim

Sunday, March 2, 2pm - Leitrim v Carlow

Sunday, March 9, 2pm - Wicklow v Leitrim

Sunday, March 16, 2pm - Waterford v Leitrim

Sunday, March 30, 2pm - Leitrim v Tipperary

Sunday, April 6, 3pm - London v Leitrim

The first two games are huge for us, i wont make it to many of these apart from ennis

Signing in.

[quote=“massey ferguson, post: 895085, member: 189”]The first two games are huge for us, i wont make it to many of these apart from ennis
[/quote]
Hope to make the home games and the trips to Aughrim and Croke Park

Sunday coming is a possibility for me.

[ATTACH=full]1027[/ATTACH]

1-8 to 0-3 up at half time.

Playing well but taking some wrong options in forward line.

Mossy got a fisted goal from a Robbie Lowe cross shot.

Baker Bradley is losing the plot

Leitrim win 1-11 to 1-6.

Paddy Maguire was this observer’s man of the match.

Happy with defence and midfield. Forwards needs a bit of work but great to be up and running with a victory.

Roll on Ennis next Sunday

Well done lads :clap:

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 896900, member: 48”]Leitrim win 1-11 to 1-6.

Paddy Maguire was this observer’s man of the match.

Happy with defence and midfield. Forwards needs a bit of work but great to be up and running with a victory.

Roll on Ennis next Sunday

Well done lads :clap:[/quote]

Great win to keep the momentum going.

We seemed to fade quite a bit DB. 3 points in the second half?

Good win today well done lads, who played midfield DB

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 896981, member: 24”]Great win to keep the momentum going.

We seemed to fade quite a bit DB. 3 points in the second half?
[/quote]
Visibly ran out of gas in second half Farmer and survived a few hairy moments - Antrim hit post and McCrann pulled off a great save aswell.

Having said that, was never worried. Maguire was superb in the full back line and McKeon was his usual competent self in the half back line. Won the midfield battle. The one gripe I’d have is up front. Lads scared to shoot from 30/35 metres out in space.

I’m pretty positive though. It was a decent performance

Team was as above Massey.

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 894742, member: 48”]Lads, for those planning on going to the Antrim game on Sunday, it’s €5 cheaper if buy your ticket before Sunday.

€10 as opposed to €15 on the day
[/quote]
This turned out to be utter bollocks - it was €10 in today