Leitrim Football 2018

Gutted not able to commit to another year with @LeitrimGAA ,away for long spells and having a young family means it’s not feasible to continue. Great Experience, Over the 2 years I witnessed a young team with a relentless appetite to learn & improve, friends and warriors each one
Moyles is gone,Benny surely next

Ye’ll make the final yet @anon67715551

The heavy training * could be our Achilles heel. We’re motoring nicely though. We’ll see.

• The no-drinking rule might close the village pubs. As if… :beer:

Eslin won the Division 3 league on Saturday evening.

Some good reports of how we have been going this year. A change in management including the return of the local member of the 1994 management team and also an ex-Leitrim minor manager from Allen Gaels who appeared on Know Your Sport back in the day.

http://www.leitrimgaa.ie/2018/07/leitrim-senior-team-management/
Benny and co have left the building @anon67715551 @farmerinthecity @thedancingbaby

:eek:

:rofl: You’re a gas man. Oh by the way thanks Benny, you gave it your best shot.

Hard to see past Davis for the hot seat to be honest . On my analysis he is the only credible candidate and brings a certain Je me sais qoi to the role. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy did you come up against Davis playing Sigeurson?

Your spot on here @Funtime,he seems like the obvious candidate,our young lads would be well suited to a running game.Plus everybody would surely tog out for him.Banty might go for it be it I don’t think he’d be much addition,plus we can’t afford a translator on top of everything else.

1 Like

The lengthy list of those we don’t want must include Terry Hyland from Cavan. He might suit the C/B from an economic standpoint but by fucked Terry’s vision for football is woejus.
We have a nice crop of young, enthusiastic players who, if nurtured will get us out of the basement division.

1 Like

Totally agree there boxty,it’s rugby league he should be coaching.

Dunnes Bar Division 1 Leitrim ACL round-up

Halfway to a rematch of 99 @anon67715551

Don’t drag up that debacle again… We’re not over it yet. Ye’re flying at the moment - can ye sustain it?
I have Mohill earmarked for the Fenagh Cup again this year with ourselves in the shake up for regaining status.

Some of the offerings during the league have been dire though. Pete McGrath will have his hands full to make anything out of them.

We’re flying alright,don’t know if they’ll be able to keep it up till October.I hear McGrath was very impressed with the way we dismantled louth and wants the job alright.I hear the county board are interested alright.

Ye’re off to a flier @Massey, comfortable win over the Neddies. We put Ballinagleara to the sword inside in town 5-13 to 6/7 points. Hard to make anything of it as they were woejus. Sterner tests ahead.

1 Like

Eslin had a handy enough win this morning against Ballinamore’s second string. Wasn’t a great performance, Tomas Beirne apart, and far strerner tests await.

Very poor refereeing performance as well including a bizarre decision to blow for half time after the umpires had awarded Eslin a 45. The Ballinamore lads weren’t hanging around for him to change his mind as they sprinted for the dressing room.