Leitrim Football 2018

Mohill 3-19 to Glencar Manor 0-9
Not good

Not good is mild in fairness as Mohill are a serious outfit when in the zone (today). They’ll win it out easily.
We survived the penalty scare at the death to reach the final mainly thanks to the two O’Rourkes in fairness. They notched 8/9 points between them but we had good performances all round.

A fortnight of bluster and bravado awaits in the village as we work our way.through our recent windfall and discuss arrangements for flags and bunting. A media ban is likely… :pint:

1 Like

End of an era for Manor is it? Or were we gassed after playing 3 weeks in a row.Best of luck to Fenagh btw.

Some result that.

Fair play to Sean Kennedy. Stood in as manager after the Browne debacle not long after losing his own mother. A nice fella.

Mohill are a serious outfit. They are fit and focused with a good sprinkling of experienced players at this level.
Manor are on the slide - their best days are behind them and it shows when the old rogue indiscipline creeps in. Generally honest lads getting caught on 2nd. yellows due to concentration lapses or just lazy tackling.
James Rooney got caught like that today, just careless cos’ he’s normally a sound lad.

Good luck tomorrow Farmer, ye have every chance but if either of the Beirnes are contained you’d have to fancy the Duffers. The winner tomorrow will win the final anyway…

1 Like

Fenagh Annaduff internediate final. Fenagh to win.

Mohill Aughawillan senior final.
Mohill to win.

1 Like

We’ll have it all to v the Duffers. Not Eslin’s best day - a bad start and a week one from this… Repeat.
That’ll be probably the last we’ll see of Mossy, a good lad when in the mood for it.

He’s wintered well in that photo anyways

Underrated I think from an Eslin point of view given the exploits of Conor.

I still recall him dragging the team by himself about two months after he crashed his truck and was nearly paralysed.

A serious bit of stuff - and he’ll be back. A sound man as well.

1 Like

At the darts last night in Citywest.

2 Likes

A few gas pics of your lads in this week’s local. No signs of recessionary times in your heartland.

Heartiest congrats to @glenfarnekilty on taking the Pyramid Bookmakers Leitrim JFC A title. the club’s 8th Junior A Championship following wins in 1934, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1947, 1959 and 1991.
Hard luck @glencarmanorgaa for a great contribution to an excellent final! #LeitrimGAA

A good news story if there ever was one. On the verge of extinction a few years ago when six (6) attended the AGM.

1 Like

Very true.Glenfarne were always a strong team when I was younger.Sad to see the went so bad.Glancy must have been a huge addition to them this year.

1 Like

They’ll find it difficult in Intermediate next year. It’s getting harder to get out of it year by year. If we don’t escape it next week I’d be worried. We’re good enough to retain senior status if we could fucking get to it…

We have a grand crop of young lads, more coming through and good lads in charge but a setback would hurt.

1 Like

Fenagh have a decent team to be fair.Glenfarne will be boosted by this for a year anyways

I hear JP Clarke’s Saloon will be emblazoned upon our county jerseys for the next 3 years.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 Like

Clarke must have filled the vacuum created by Frankie’s stepping back from being the main man. Frankie owes us nothing but he’s just finishing an 8,000 sq ft retirement residence upstate so I’d say the bobs are accounted for but he put a lot in over the years.

Sunday is almost upon us and while we’re worthy favourites experience has taught me that lots can go wrong.
I can’t fathom at all why we won’t dominate the middle 3rd particularly with Donal and Jack Gilheaney at midfield and 2 solid lines either side. The O’Rourkes to supply the scores to carry the day.

The senior is Mohill’s to lose and despite me napping them from the gun, they won’t want to be looking into the crowd for supporters/mothers/fluff on Sunday. The Willies have no respect for reputation/opinion/history and it has stood them well. The Sean’s (Fox and Flanagan) are big losses for them but the Plunketts, McTagues and Gilheaneys will fight to the last. Mohill by 2 scores is the call.

Fógra Scoir: Good luck to our clubman Patrick Guckian taking charge of his 1st. senior final on Sunday.
The bete-noir of referees in his heyday. The fox has finally entered the henhouse.

Edit…We’re all at a tribal wedding in Sligo tomorrow (this now includes the Flanagans from the Willies).
Reports tonight Sean Flanagan will tog on Sunday.
Focail scoir: Boxty won’t.

2 Likes