Leitrim Football 2018

Where’s the action today @anon67715551?

A day borrowed from Intensive Care. I got herself up and parked in front of the TV and got a "return journey " spin down and back (2-3). Place rammed, Ceól agus ôl the order of the day.

I had one of the lads at home Sunday and did the dog (as you do) on it. I’ll recover in time and have a few enchanting tales from the day to recall. A great few days… :pint::pint:

6 Likes

:clap::clap:

That’s what it’s all about lad.:+1:.It’ll shorten the winter.Any word on the league final?

I think? we need to overcome SoH on Sunday (away and in rag order) to actually reach the final.
That said there were hapes of them (some up singing) in the village Sunday night.
That’s the beauty of success in South Leitrim - if them fuckers in Kinlough or Manor win anything the voyage becomes trickier.

We’ll walk Div 4 this year😉

‘star’ :smile:

Michael Reynolds Memorial Trophy
SF Challenge Meath v Leitrim
Sunday 18th November 2018 throw in 2pm
at Millbrook Football Pitch, Oldcastle, Meath
Terry Hyland’s first outing as Leitrim Manager.
@OldcastleGFC #LeitrimGAA
@anon67715551 @farmerinthecity

Never heard of him tbh. Doubtless a bandwaggoner . They can keep these " imports " we’re grand at the moment.

Grrrrr

Grrrrrr x 10

We could do with a few of these lads,if nothing else they’ll show our lads what a bit of fitness looks like.Quinn and Guickian would start in the backs no problem imo,that’s where we’re lacking these days,we have plenty of forwards.Midfield should be alright.I might go to that game in Meath for a gander

I’m in agreement for once. We appear to be well enough equipped up front heading into 2019.
We’ll need the best players playing all the same (the 3 Plunketts for a start).

On the defensive side here’s where I think Hyland’s appointment may pay off as not conceding is one of his mantras. Things are looking positive for once.

We lost out at the final hurdle in an unprecedented attempt to contest the ACL Senior Final from Intermediate ranks yesterday to those oul hours in the town - SoH…
They were more sober and rested than our troops and eager to add something to their season.

We’re out again the weekend agin’ Shamrock Gaels of Sligo in the Inter-Pro. Don’t lump on. That said we’re at the back end of a long haul, we’ve regained status that we’ll retain comfortably and take it from there.

SoH will give Manor their fill of it in the league final.

1 Like

@AIB_GAA Connacht Club Junior Hurling Semi Final Result
@carrickhurling 0-16
@Cul_Strand_GAA 1-8
(FULL TIME)
Congratulations to Carrick Hurling #LeitrimGAA @ConnachtGAA @sligogaa

A fantastic day for Carrick and Leitrim hurling as @carrickhurling become the first Leitrim Mens team to win a Connacht Club title https://t.co/3Om7p8WC6m

2 Likes

Fair play to Carrick and indeed a fitting reward for Clement Cuniffe who’s given great service.

We battled gamely in Enniscrone against Shamrock Gaels and ended up on the wrong side by a solitary point. No complaints really as they were marginally a more cohesive outfit.

Serious portering now for a few days as the season concludes. Be some wake bodies Monday.

1 Like

Hard luck chief

I see glenfarne had no luck either