Leitrim Gaa 2021

I found out from the Observer last week.

The Mitchell brothers who play for Mohill are cousins of Ciaran Gilheaney. Their mother is Gilheaney so the lady that passed is her sister in law.

You were on the ball from the outset. I didn’t know that so every day is a school day.

2 Likes
1 Like

What was the score do you know?

Not sure of exact score but Dublin hammered them. It was something like 1-22 to 0-5

EDIT…I was doing Leitrim a huge disservice. It was 1-19 to 0-6.

That’s a shocking poor team.I know Melvin Gaels were champion’s but 4 of the back 7 and poor Seamus Dillon in the other corner.No wonder we were hammered.Was that when the league’s were kinda mixed up Div 1A Div 1B Div 2A Div2B ?

No shock to see we finished bottom

Super clip, great footage of the much maligned Gerry Flanagan, cameos from Ollie Honeyman and Mickey Quinn while the underrated Padraig Kenny was prominent all through. Great days.

1 Like
1 Like

Ollie Honeyman had a stormer at the back that day,he clayned up.Ciran Mahon and Kiernan were a handful up front.You were surely at that one @anon67715551

1 Like

I remember we were very unlucky not to get a playoff place.Kildare who piped us on pts difference went on to beat Kerry by a point in the quarter final,then beat Donegal by a point in the semi only to lose to Dublin in the final.

Champagne football. Jerome Quinn and Mickey Martin in their winter days. Seamus Quinn was a tremendous addition at the back - replacing the intrepid Ollie.
Said Ollie looks practically the same only about 4st. heavier.

We had a super evening in Gertie’s in Keshcarrigan in the aftermath. :pint:x 8

@Fagan_ODowd was a big admirer of Ollie. :wink:

2 Likes

Soon be 60 years since this photo was taken. Spot Colm O’Rourke’s brother for 2 points…

1 Like

Kneeling in front of the goalie?

Jaysus yer man third from the right in the front row has a lovely “howya girls” look on him.

He’s actually a priest

Sorry.

Howya boys.

2 Likes

Back row. 3rd from right. Tall gangly lad.

1 Like

[quote=“Massey, post:77, topic:33285, full:true”]
He’s actually a priest
[/quot

Not afaik. @thedancingbaby might recognise Fr. Tom Colreavy (extreme right front row) but your call is Jim Lynch who was for many years the lynchpin* of the supporters club in Dublin.

• Cute that.
1 Like