Leitrim Gaa 2022

A wonder you know who didnā€™t persuade Moran that he could shoulder the load.
Bit of an odd choice youā€™d imagine. Iā€™d have opted for an established starter in the first instance, but Hey! Iā€™m not the man in charge. Keith Beirne would have been my choice, a right lad to motivate lads and a nailed on starter.

1 Like

Yeah a weird enough choice.Mark Plunkett or Donal Wrynn would have made more sense to me but as you say Andy seeā€™s them at training every night.Have we any chance against them tight hoors on Sunday?

Itā€™ll depend on the selection of the back six. Conceding scores is our biggest issue along with losing concentration for 15 minute spells.

1 Like

Team named

Still persisting with Diffley at full back,no Shane Quinn or Tom Prior starting.Yer well represented @anon67715551

Well, weā€™re surely going with youth. Weā€™re indeed well represented, Riordan must be showing up well in training to squeeze out Tom Prior. We must be looking for a spot of Route 1 with Deano at 14. Thereā€™s plenty of pace from half-back up, Iā€™m quite happy with the selection and set-up, after years of trumping Pearce Dolan and Jack Heslin at least Moran has given them their chance and itā€™s on their own heads.
Shane Moran to come back, the 3 slot remains an enigma, Diffley has all the skills but not just the experience. Matches is where you get that.
A brave and progressive selection from Coach Moran. Liatroim abĆŗā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always been a Heslin fan tbf.Iā€™ll go to Tipp next week no matter but if we win or at least be competitive tomorrow Iā€™ll be happy.

1 Like

Goin by the radio weā€™re getting rode by the referee. Playing into the wind in the second half

https://twitter.com/LeitrimGAA/status/1487812074474545154?t=T_GkzwVIxDYbuWxghXpbAQ&s=19
We huffed and we puffed but got beat by a better team.

Agreed with that, Cavan were fundamentally a more experienced, cohesive outfit.
The bollocksed around bringing Galligan 100 yds to kick 21 yd frees running down the clock against the breeze (brisk). They engaged in what is known here as shithousery, falling down feigning death and arguing decisions and the like.
We abandoned the Diffley at 3 idea after the break and did a few tweaks but the ā€œdinner in the drawerā€ merchants had the lead and kept us at arms length.
Not he end, merely the beginning. The target is the Rhubarbs in Castlebar in May.

1 Like

Div 4 will be another dogfight this year.Good news from Waherford as @Fagan_ODowd crowd drew with Tipp.

1 Like

D4 is a bit of a minefield this year with the A/I s/finalists from 2020 in it
We have them both for openers. Will need to win the last 5 to make the shakeup.

I think we can beat Tipp next week.We only have 3 home games too.

You must have your wellies worn out @anon67715551 with all the walking your doing.

More than 40% up on last year - incredible. A goodly wedge I hear from your old stomping grounds around McLean and Woodlawn. The luminous beanie hats are visible now at occasions ranging from marts to funerals.
Weā€™ll need to get better value out of it than last years 3/4 outings.

Plenty of money floating around out there atm

With Carlow being poor this year we can put a torpedo in Tipp tomorrow if weā€™re brave and bate them and aim for promotion. Lose and weā€™ll be also rans. Sligo are dark horses for second place

In D4 you have to come out of the blocks from the gun. A result is paramount tomorrow. Absolutely pointless racking up wins in meaningless dead rubbers. Die dog or shite a license time.

1 Like