Jack Heslin with the Cúl

2-13 to 0-9

Tom Prior with the second green flag

1 Like

That’s more like it.

Full Time

Leitrim 3-18 Waterford 0-11

Keith Beirne got the 3rd goal.

Great start to the league. Banana skin in Ruislip next week.

Liatroim Abú

3 Likes

2 points on the board and +16 on the board represents a successful opening day but in truth the margin of the result is a reflection of the opposition and the age old habit of absolutely falling out of games for lengthy (10/15min) bursts - todays nap came before half time when Waterford tacked on possibly 5 points on the spin.
On top of this we suffered what looks like 2 tough looking injuries to Flynn and Casey and this is something no one likes to see. Keaney came in and whizzed over a brace, Plunkett got some game time and Prior looked his normal busy self. Beirne contributed about 2-11 (2-03from play) and always looks dangerous, Darragh Rooney kicked 3 in a row to steady the ship either side of the break but this isn’t a time for any complacencies.

2 Likes

Christ.

Twitter said Heslin, Prior and Beirne got the goals.

Where did they fuck up @anon67715551 ?

Prior initially credited pending inspection - Beirne last to finish it.
It’ll be on BTSports 2 around the 6 mark, you can decide yourself.
All matterless really, points on the board and move on.

1 Like

Jack Heslin was superb in the 2nd half driving at the Waterford backs,he done untold damage

We left a few goals behind us today,I’d say at least 3,Jack sidefooted one wide early on when clean through and he also blazed over the bar in the second half.We were also denied a stonewall penalty in the first half when what you could only describe as a clothes line tackle you wouldn’t see on WWE on one of our forwards was waved away,as if that wasn’t bad enough Waterford went down the field and scored a point from it.Great second half performance from us though,pushed up on the Waterford kickout and literally destroyed them kicking 6 unanswered points to go 5 up.And that was that it was only a matter of how much we’d win by then.Solid enough at the back today, midfield were very good as usual,jack Heslin at 11 was unreal,KB was KB and a few subs got a run.Terrible day for poor Adian Flynn hopefully it’s not too serious but it looked bad.Casey pulled up with what looked like a hamstring injury, again hope it’s not serious.All in all a good day out and running up a big score could be vital at the end of the league with Sligo surprisingly losing today.

1 Like

We certainly had reinforcements on the bench today and we got time into a few of them.
Be interesting what call Coach will make if Casey is sidelined for a spell, probably slot Shane Quinn back there but it’s an opportunity to revive Plunkett.
Another option is to slot Fergal McTague in there, he’s big and hardy if prone to robustness - another option. London will be a big test all the same.

The dub came on for Casey and slotted into the ,6 position for the last few minutes.I was watching Plunkett in the warm up with the mini game, Jaysus he’s a shadow of the player he once was.Got involved when he came on but the game was over,Tom Prior did well when he came on in fact all the subs done well.The nephew met Maguire yesterday in the shop in town and told him that this is our year.Id love to believe it.Any word on what happened Flynn I seen It happen but don’t know what it was,as my young lad said he was flopping like a fish.

2 Likes

FOAD

Christ I forgot you’d be plaguing this thread this year.Loais showed fuck all in the O Byrne cup to suggest they’d bate Sligo.