Leo Varadkar

I canā€™t remember where I was and it was only a few weeks ago

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll remember where I was on (insert day/month/2020 here) when the golf dinner news broke on my deathbed

Youā€™re making things up again.

RTE refused to report on the story until such time they had a comment from Varadkar, it was a full day.

They waited 4 days to allow the gov to be challenged by the opp on the story.

They refused to report on pertinent information provided to them by the whistleblower before the Taoiseach was questioned.

We know well youā€™re an establishment shill at this stage, when do you think FFG should make their amalgamation official?

Mate I criticise everyone in equal measure. Iā€™ve criticised FF more than any other party on here in the last few months. Just like I also criticise SF which you seem to have an alert set to every time. Just like Iā€™ve criticised both Trump and Biden on here in recent days. As far as politics go I am about as unbiased as anyone on here.

RTE and Virgin Media have provided plenty of coverage and debate around this matter since it broke. It just happens to coincide with the biggest worldwide news story in years. People donā€™t care about it that much in the main because itā€™s not something thatā€™s simple to understand like childrenā€™s shoes or water charges

1 Like

The longer he stays in situ the more damaging it is for FG. He already oversaw their second worst ever election and his reputation has nose dived even further now. The base will back him even harder but thatā€™s a solid 20% only at this stage. Sad really, he will be forever remembered as the man who made the shinners electable- some leagacy for a fg leader

1 Like

Bullshit.

Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

They have not. They both failed to report on the story for a full day until such time as Varadkar had put together a statement. The both prevented the opposition from having a platform to challenge the gov for 4 days after the story broke. This is absolutely unprecedented. Both prioritised a presidential election 4000 miles across the Atlantic rather than reporting on a national scandal involving the then head of state in corruption and cronyism.

To say the media gave it just coverage is just a complete and utter lie, itā€™s clear as day they tried to buried and put it into the back pages.

Can you answer why Varadkar was given a courtesy of a full day of non-reporting until he had put together a response?

Can you answer why the opposition were denied a platform with the gov reps for 4 days to discuss this matter?

I canā€™t help but feel this would be a bigger deal had Pearse managed to lay a hand on Leo during the Dail questions

Pearse is still in Matt Cooperā€™s studio manically waving his piece of paper after his trimming from that backbencher

1 Like

Have broadsheet or the the journal made a gif of it yet?

I genuinely donā€™t know anybody that gives one fuck about this except for lads on here

2 Likes

im sure lassies in the bookies know you

Iā€™d say theyā€™re wetting themselves on broadsheet about it

You just know thereā€™s something else waiting to come out hereā€¦ The establishment are trying their hardest to ignore this and hope it just goes away.

The Village have something big yet.

They were big on Gemma for president iirc

Who?

Have they decided to play the Munster final in Cork or Thurles?

1 Like

Broadsheet. She was a regular contributor

They gave her a wage?