Leo Varadkar

Gavan Reilly

27m, 6 tweets, 2 min read

My Authors

Three different complaints from SF in the last few hours to the Govt’s proposed appointment of Geraldine Feeney, ex-FF senator, to the board of public standards watchdog SIPO. Job must go to a former office holder but Feeney more recently worked as a lobbyist for NAGP - yes, them

Feeney would therefore become a member of SIPO which is therefore poised to investigate @paulmurphy_TD’s complaint into Leo Varadkar’s leak of IMO document with the NAGP - yes, them

The proposed appointment has to go through both Dáil and Seanad; SF want Feeney’s name withdrawn.

Currently due for ratification in Seanad next Tuesday and in Dáil a few days later

(There’s nothing to say that Feeney would not recuse herself from considering any complaint into NAGP-themed issues, but nonetheless the optics are… poor)

The issue was put to Leo Varadkar himself earlier - Pearse Doherty pointing out that the NAGP was Feeney’s only lobbying client.

Varadkar said name had been put forward by Michael McGrath (as minister responsible) - but her name was approved by Government as a whole last Tuesday

I hear some questions are already being asked within FF circles as to how the name was arrived at - a lot of fondness for Feeney as a former parliamentarian, but confluence of timing has some members furious

Nominated by Cabinet on very same day Varadkar faced confidence motion

1 Like

How corrupt can they get?

Banana republic stuff

2 Likes

They are displaying sheer contempt for the rule of law

1 Like

PEARSE PEARSE PEARSE

Trumpian politics from FFG.

This is all linked to SF getting 4m from that welsh guy. The FFG line on this will be this is SFs way of deflecting from this story.

You can understand the rage from FFG.

They have to go to all levels of corruption and skullduggery to get €4m and some English lads pops his clogs and leaves SF with a €4m.

FFG are proper raging.

1 Like

FFG… Christ… There’s no more you can say about them at this stage. What a country.

2 Likes

Jesus, their only short of putting Leo’s Ma on SIPO.

2 Likes

Not as corrupt as your homeland it seems

good read here and a good point, well made.

2 Likes

FFG are either taking the piss or incredibly incompetent. I’m not really sure which

SF IRA are in a lather.

I wont be opening anything David Gibney writes.

2 Likes

its exceptionally short and to the point

Not unlike him.

1 Like

I thought he’d never get to it but it’s fairly on the money