Leo Varadkar

You can say as reported in the paper but you’re still in the line of fire for libel if anything is wrong.

4 Likes

Again I was just telling you what happens at the weekend in the RTE newsrooms.

That story was broadcast on a midweek morning.

1 Like

Is this the same as labane and trump?

If 9/11 happened on a Sunday, RTE would ignore it till they had a full staff compliment

Right you are

6 Likes

No you were spinning half arsed excuses that RTE are very cautious in running stories due to their veracity.

They have ran a host of negative stories on SF that have been completely unfounded and incorrect and continue to do so . SF currently have legal cases pending on this. Miriam O’Callaghan has consistently made serious allegations against Gerry Adams and other SF members on live TV on the basis of hearsay and conjecture.

Look at this interview for a litany of examples.

Adams calls her out on it at 10:40

But of course @croppy_boy tries to hide behind the lamest of excuses to defend parties he doesn’t vote for.

The Sunday staff are only allowed write about some farmer’s market in Ballygobackwards

1 Like

Remember Miriam accused Danny Morrison of being a kidnapper and a torturer during the leaders debate. A complete.lie but they won’t report facts

1 Like

I was ‘literally’ telling you what happens in the newsroom at the weekend and even said 'Not saying it’s right.

2 Likes

Official Ireland only works 9 to 5 during the week and goes home early on fridays

2 Likes

No you were once again trying to spin this with an absolutely risible excuse that does not stand up to any mild scrutiny.

How can they report on the AZ story if they couldn’t report on Varadkar?

I’d imagine that turns up on the approved Asssociated Press newsfeeds to be honest.

The source would be the most important thing.

The first line of the story on RTE.ie says that Gardai confirmed the investigation upgrade so I’d speculate that they were waiting on that confirmation.

Waiting on confirmation?

They don’t seem to wait on any confirmation when it comes to running negative stories on SF, in fact the examples of them doing this are done on a weekly basis. We had them facilitate and enable Leo Varadkar make incorrect statements about the religous beliefs on SF members this week, unchallenged by an experienced RTE broadcaster. We had them running off printing stories about SF taking ads out in US papers this week printed incorrectly without any confirmation or comment from SF officials.

Your contention is absolutely ridiculous, but it’s par the course for your pathetic “I don’t vote FFG but…” line. Nobody believes you.

1 Like

The report on SF was wrong, I’ve never defended it.

I was just telling you what the procedure is at the weekend for that particular newsroom.

Again, and please take this on board, I’m not saying it’s right.

1 Like

You are by weasely trying to justify it

1 Like

Sigh.

So how can you explain the double standards?

Caution trotted out as an excuse not to report on huge negative stories revolving around FFG. Yet a rush to report negative stories on SF with incorrect facts and narratives being reported.

I covered that in the last few posts buddy. Not my fault you chose to ignore it.