Leo Varadkar

enda wasnt bad. noonan was worse than leo (didnt even bother to fake that he gave a shite), garret was good.

Strange how people were all over Noone for that comment yet clearly still using it as confirmation bias for their views on Varadkar.

I had no issue with Noone using it - I think she was bang on the money with it.

Breege Quinn went to the media, the reaction from SF supporters has proved every criticism of them as regards the cult like nature of their support. SF are all about victims until a victim threatens their electoral success.

Not exactly rich pickings there.

FFGLAB cynically exploit all these victims every time, sure the made mairia cahill a seanad member for that explicit purpose. how many times did they drag jean mcconville from the ground?

This notion of Simon Coveney having been the better choice is a bit like how players who are excluded from teams take on almost mythical levels of ability for beyond reality.

Yeah heā€™s been decent in the Brexit job, but at the same time itā€™s an easy sell to nearly everyone, the man over in Europe socking it to the thicko Brits. Heā€™s a wooden enough fella too, and his performance in the deputy debate last night I think demonstrates why Varadkar is trusted by the parliamentary party to lead.

3 Likes

This type of excuse making proves the point - victims are grand until they raise their head above the parapet and threaten SF.

your debating style reminds me of someone i murdered

Itā€™d be helpful if FF and FG showed as much empathy to all parents whose children are suffering.

Rural appeal not ability is why Coveney was favoured by many - it was a largely electoral thing.

Have to agree ā€” Iā€™ve totally reappraised my take on him having seen him in live action over the last few weeks. Heā€™s poor, very poor.

In all honesty I abhor FG but Coveney was good in Europe,never vote for the prick though,and to make matters worse his oul fella ( Hugh)had his first clinic in our family home in uam var Ave ( 70s)that didnā€™t go down well with most of us as from my motherā€™s side were all anti treaty republican :hugs:

Nah thereā€™s a bit of that still out there and the press still played it.

Varadkar talking about Love Actually and going to a Kylie Minogue concert were made far too big a deal of.

The Kylie thing was utterly bizarre. So what if he fucking used a bit of letterhead to see a pop star, thereā€™s been far worse done. It stank of rank homophobia.

1 Like

Writing her a love letter on state paper and using his office to get back stage access was the issue - not the concertā€¦ How did that letter go viral?

How many parents and children suffered as a result of the actions of the IRA? Parents and children have suffered under every government in history and would also do so under SF - plenty have done so and are doing so under their government or lack of government in the North yet SF never show any empathy or take any responsibilty for that. Every government in history has terrible stories of people dying - newsflash - tragedy and human error is not eliminable - as bad as these stories are they cannot be compared to the Warrington bomb etc. which were acts of murder.

because the SCU tried to deny the FOI. if they hadve just let it out then it wouldve been a flash in the pan and a laughing matter. the streisand effect.

A joke ā€¦ remind me again, how much did Leo spend on PR?

Bertie Ahern went on the Premiership as Taoiseach and was lauded for it. It wasnā€™t an accident he ended up on it.

People wanted to make a big deal out of Varadkar thing for a reason.

I accept thereā€™s other reasons heā€™s not liked, but to deny there isnā€™t a bit of homophobia out there is ignoring reality.

2 Likes