Less negative things about the lockdown

Plenty time to be pricing the Car Insurance with various companies/brokers.

The local ladies football team arranged a partnership with An Post and the shops in the area to get hundreds of easter eggs and the postmen have been delivering them as a surprise for the children in each house.

3 Likes

Hi Dion

Eh, thats the fucking Easter Bunnys job. In these tough times, its not right to be showldering in on someone elses area.

Did you get one?

1 Like

Once you get used to lock down im starting to enjoy it. I still miss my family/friends and seeing them but after that I think I could life like this long term. I’ve started reading again too. All weekend I was buried in Barney Curleys book. #BeKind

1 Like

The youngest trying on so e fake tan she got and walking b into the kitchen with a face greener than Kermit the frog.

What do the other 3 lads who use this log on do? Still all college students?

The Rose of Tralee is off.

5 Likes

Eating the dinner in the middle of the day, everyday.

2 Likes

When I was working in the office I could have a bowl of porridge before leaving home at 7:30 and not eat again until lunchtime.

Now I’m having to have breakfast, brunch, lunch, an afternoon snack and then dinner.

2 Likes

5 (five) opportunities to post in the Ravenous thread before you even get to 1pm there.

1 Like

I find the work side of things much harder though in fairness my hours aren’t as long, but classroom teaching is good craic and is often (on the good days) not like working at all, the shitty bit about teaching is all the planning, needless paperwork, in short everything that doesn’t happen between 9 and 3, now everything is that, for 3 days a week I’m very busy and the other days I’m sort of on call.

But in general I’m enjoying a lot of this time, no need to make the school lunches or get the kids in and out of bed very early, getting to spend lots of time with them, getting plenty of exercise and cooking fresh meals every day,
Yesterday we had obstacle course time trials in the back garden, nerfgun battle as well

We have our health and wake up fresh every morning, it could be worse

8 Likes

Ffs. A typical “aren’t I the great fella altogether” post.

8 Likes

Wow. Inside a minute. You’re keeping sharp anyway…

9 Likes

Mrs J has struggled with work and time and kids drops over the last couple of years and has felt fairly guilty about it. Covid has led to her working from home, which it turns out will be the norm from now on. They’ve been informed that they’ll be the last to go back to office but also that when they do have to go back there will be a couple of days a week from home. This will make our life so so so much easier. I’d say our number one source of stress over the last year was morning drops of kids.

12 Likes

:joy: if I didn’t exist here some of these lads would need to make me up

7 Likes

and who is to say that we didn’t already make you :shushing_face:

“Less negative” anythings about anything drive dodgy and the lads demented.

2 Likes

Ze Germans are talking about making the right of an employee to WFH legally protected in the future.

1 Like