Lesser forms of cricket thread

Its appears Eoin Morgans finger has healed without the need for surgery.

Its too late to include him in the squad though, what a fcuk up by the Tans? Very unlucky on him.

Ben Shermin will not be happy.

Apparently the stadium in Mumbai where the final of the World Cup is being held has failed its fire safety check, looks like the Empire games all over again?

The Duke of Edinburgh will be having a field day… :smiley:

This is going to be painfully drawn out, something like 4-5 weeks to play the first round alone.

It seems entirely inappropriate to comment on the stadium where the final is to be held without mentioning that it is called the Wankhede Stadium.

Who do ye fancy to win this? I think the Aussies will give it a fair rattle.

I think the Saffers might for once see it through to the end of a tournament.

What odds would I get on E&W not getting out of the initial group stages

1.16 lay on them to qualify for QF is freely available on Betfair. Quite like the look of Bangladesh floating around at 2.4 to qualify actually.

Incidentally Puke, I can’t see England not qualifying. They’ll be a very different team to the one that didn’t give a fuck at the end of a long Aussie tour having already retained the Ashes. Anderson and Broad back too, which is a huge boost and they’ve moved Prior from the top of the order. Their chances of winning it will probably depend on whether or not the KP as opener experiment works, but they’ll get out of the group without hassle I’d say.

The Brigadier finally scored a few runs today and Broad took 10 wickets in two warm up matches. I think E&W will be close but will run out of gas at the end.

Any IPL fans here? It’s almost a guilty pleasure, but I quite enjoy it. Would often catch the end of a game after work, and it’s good weekend viewing too if there is no football on. Morgan had a decent knock opening for Kolkota today but couldn’t quite do enough and he perished in the second (or third) last over when they had too much left to do.

Sehwag demonstrated that he is possibly the most arrogant cunt in sport today. Had an unbelievable innings of 119 off 56 balls to win the late match for Delhi but he doesn’t do false modesty. These were his after match quotes.
“I was just telling my boys that whoever gets set just play 15-16 overs. batsmen like Warner, or me, or Gilchrist or Tendulkar, can do anything if we play for so many overs. I was telling myself that just play through the spell of styen and Ishant. They don’t have fifth bowler and I have played Amit Mishra a lot in nets. I knew I could come hard on them. I just thought let me play my shots and if we can get momentum we can do this. I just told Birt to give me strike as much as he can. Last time I played here I was 94 not out and this time I didn’t want to miss out on hundred. I knew If I stayed there till the end, my team will win. I told my boys, just play fearless cricket.”

Watched Stayn & Sharmas blitzkreig last week braz, haven’t seen a game since. Its well watchable all right but hard get an affinirty for the franchises untiol they build up some kudos, a bit like Super 12 rugby which took a few years.

The presenter on ITV4 is a cracker btw.

Decent finish in prospect at Lord’s. England need 50 off the last 38 balls and have four wickets in hand, though I suspect Broad can’t bat with the injury he picked up while bowling. Bopara and Swann at the crease, mainly down to Ravi from here really.

Ended up a tie on D/L. That tard Bopara decided to hit out even though they were ahead on D/L and the rain was teeming down. Got caught on the boundary, and his wicket tied up the scores on D/L.

Eoin Morgan is the worlds no 1 20/20 batsman in the rankings which came out today.

:clap: Ireland’s greatest active sportsman.

It’s hard to think of any better example of someone’s reputation being enhanced by their absence. England’s collapse today was the culmination of the nothingness in their middle order without the great man that has been obvious throughout the series.

I’m starting to dislike him. I follow him on Twitter and his banter with his ‘Sarries’ pals is grating. He’s becoming a cunt.

Twitter is a cunt of a medium. I hate the concept and I wish it would fuck off. All I need to know about Morgan is that he’s a quality batsman. But you have to ‘tweet’ all the time these days if you have any kind of public profile and seem interesting 24/7. Only a small proportion of the population can pull that off, and if you can’t you seem like a cunt. Therefore I avoid it like the plague.

England shipped a right hammering in India. Will be interesting to see if it feeds over into the test side. I think that Swann is turning into a bit of a cunt as well. Very bad idea to be publishing a book in the middle of your career and slagging off your team mates like he did to KP.