Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

That is a bit mad them stats

That’s mad :joy:

The orange crowd are in a pickle

They’ve just won 3-2 away to Real Betis to top their Europa League group.

I watched the second half & they were pinned back with Betis having loads of close shaves & near misses & generally dominating. Roofe then scored a scrambled winner from a corner with 10 minutes left & they held on.

They’ve had recent success in this competition & they’ve shown they can dig in & stay in games. But they’ve had a run of the ball even Stuart Bingham would blush at.

Great week for our coefficient though.

The Teddy Bears back in the winners enclosure. This new Belgian manager looks the real deal.

A big loan signing imminent.
Lawell lounged across his bonus meanwhile like a clucking hen.

This could be a real sliding door’s moment in the season. A record buy for wolves a few years ago but has done nothing, now looking to resurrect his career. Is the 80k a week figure for wages true? If so the huns are going all in for the league, seeing a stuttering Celtic and with winning the league the reward of Champions league riches next year in an expanded competition. Big test for Celtic PLC in the next few weeks. Not sure they are up to it…

The huns have never been afraid to twist whilst the Celtic board are interested only in the matchday buffet and wine list.

Fabio Silva, has he done much with Wolves?

Will he be able to handle a cold Tuesday night in Dingwall?

That portugeuse kid will score 40 goals before May

Much, much too good for it; not a great baller but a beast who can finish

Will ye just pass out Sevco In league titles ffs and give us all a laugh.

Is Lawwell siphoning money or what, Is this a Glazer situation?

He’s on a profit related bonus. Unfortunately, Celtic are treated as a piggy bank, whereas the huns are run by rabid Huns interested only in beating Celtic and winning.
Rumour is that the owners only opened the chequebook at Celtic after they’d been upset at being laughed at by the rangers board after a game, so personal pique rather than any loyalty. I’m in any case lawell is a proven dud, who’s main talent is smugness.
They’ve gambled that Celtic are mediocre and stale (they’re correct), and are apparently paying 80 grand a week to this lad, which will be paid back my champions league football if they win the SPL. Given they get a penalty or a man advantage whenever they need one, this is looking fairly likely.

1 Like

Lawwell is a non executive chairman. He got 40k last year. He’s not on performance or profit related bonuses.

There must be some motivation to hoarding millions though and it can’t be just for financial reasons, not doing an Everton as was mentioned at the agm? The papers are linking another lad from Korea this morning so I’m not filled with confidence that any big names are coming in soon. Will a definitive result tomorrow have an impact on the boards thinking? Get beat and they might be persuaded to do decent shopping as the league would no longer be in celtics hands? Win and they point to Abada, Hatate etc returning and say no need for more players?

Surely to fuck Lawwell’s salary increases (whilst downsizing all other aspects) over the 20 odd years he was at the club prior to returning isn’t being defended here?

Not defending that. Just don’t think it’s as simple as him hoarding cash for his own financial benefit. It makes no sense, certainly in his current role.

To me it’s an overly zealous commitment to financial stability at the club. Which would be more defensible if those in executive positions had been less generous in their own rewards. Having said that, I don’t think 400k a year is overly generous in salary for a position like CEO of Celtic.

Nicholson received over £700k and McKay £560k including bonuses for the last financial year. Lawwell was trousering well over a mill before he last departed, and accumulating crazy bonuses over the years. Told we can’t afford EPL players wages but can find the money for the suits

1 Like

I knew that’d draw you out.
He got his son a job for which he seems clearly unprepared.