Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

While not trying to take away your joy in revelling in their woes, do ye not think that this is a bad situation for Celtic. Surely it cannot be healthy to be pissing through the SPL every year without an centilla of competition only to struggle at European level.

Just a question that’s all. Maybe @Rocko and/or @Bandage would like to comment

Yerra fuck off for fucks sake, itd fucking Rangers, fuck them.

3 Likes

[quote=“iron_mike, post:1403, topic:1356, full:true”].

While not trying to take away your joy in revelling in their woes, do ye not think that this is a bad situation for Celtic. Surely it cannot be healthy to be pissing through the SPL every year without an centilla of competition only to struggle at European level.

Just a question that’s all. Maybe @Rocko and/or @Bandage would like to comment
[/quote]

Celtic are European superpowers. We’re not struggling at that level. When Sevco were formed I approached them with an open mind - I’d no baggage with them. But they’re a disgusting institution and I wish them nothing but ill will.

2 Likes

I don’t really give a fuck chief to be honest and I’d piss in their bovril and revel in their woes as quick as the next man but long term if it keeps going like this then Celtic will struggle to make any type of an impact beyond Scotland

Just to clarify, Sevco equalised via a penalty with around 20/25 minutes to go and then Caley themselves missed a penalty just before the overhead kick winner.

1 Like

I don’t definitively think it’s bad or good but probably more bad than good.

I’m discounting the Deila experiment because he was out of his depth and I reckon Celtic would have struggled in Europe under him whether the domestic league was strong or weak.

I don’t think we can conclude yet if the league is negatively impacting us in Europe under Rodgers. Getting back to the CL group stages after 3 years was progress and coming bottom of a very difficult group wasn’t unexpected. They were vying with Borussia Monchengladbach for 3rd who scored 4 away to Fiorentina in the Europa League the other night so these were tough teams.

Rodgers preaches about being relentless, maintaining high standards (dropped Leigh Griffiths from squad recently and criticised his application - he scored 40 goals under Deila last season) and driving forward and improving irrespective of level of competition.

They can only beat what’s in front of them but, that said, being far too good domestically potentially leaves you a bit untested going into the European games and weaknesses you didn’t foresee could be exposed no matter how hard you’re training or how professionally you’re approaching SPL matches.

Not having the financial firepower to compete on an equal footing with the European superpowers is a good test of Rodgers’ skills - I’m keen to see if he can take Celtic into the CL group stages again next season and whether post-Christmas European football can be secured.

But Rangers and Sevco are reaping what they sowed so I’ve no sympathy for them.

1 Like

It’s not sport for the Celtic fans. It’s a social thing. Bit of a sing song, few pints, chucky our law etc.

Crikey. Shows how far their star has fallen. Thanks for that.

If Celtic and Rangers both decided to change to playing basketball and played in the Scottish basketball league the vast majority of both sets of fans would not give a fuck . As long as there was still the hatred and glory all would be happy.

1 Like

A quite lovely post. I despised them from the outset however, being a less fair minded and tolerant individual.

1 Like

Football is the sport of the working man in IONA you utter simpleton

1 Like

very few of them work in a conventional sense any more .

Sigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ESJZOEdb9k

Meanwhile in Scotland…

Some Portuguese chap is set to be their next manager according to reports.

Just had a look at the table there for the first time in weeks. Third place Rangers are 24 points ahead of bottom of the table Inverness but 33 points behind top of the table Celtic. Second placed Aberdeen are 27 points behind the leaders and 30 points ahead of the bottom side. If Aberdeen lose their next league game and Inverness pick up a point, second place Aberdeen will be closer to the bottom than the top. The world’s most uncompetitive domestic league descends to new levels of uncompetitiveness.

Fake hard man Joe Garner got a yellow for this:

No surprise about the yellow. He only got that so they can’t sanction him later.

1 Like

Fucking hell, he’d get three months in prison if he did it off a football pitch.

Interesting article from today’s Financial Times:

by: Cat Rutter Pooley, Mamta Badkar and Mure Dickie
The UK’s takeover watchdog has launched unprecedented court action against Rangers chairman Dave King to force him to make an £11m bid for the football club, opening a new chapter in the often bizarre legal woes that have beset the Glasgow club in recent years.

The Takeover Panel, which regulates deals in the UK, said that it had started proceedings in Edinburgh after Mr King, who holds a stake, ignored an order to make an offer for the rest of the shares of the football club, despite the company no longer being publicly listed. It is the first time since the panel was granted enforcement powers more than a decade ago that it has taken such action.

The panel had previously ruled that Mr King had acted in concert with wealthy fans George Letham, George Taylor and Douglas Park — dubbed the “Three Bears” in a reference to the club nickname the “Teddy Bears” — to acquire more than 30 per cent of voting rights in Rangers in late 2014.

Under UK rules, any group of shareholders that builds up a 30 per cent stake in a public company has to make a cash offer to buy the rest of the shares at the highest price they have paid over the past 12 months — in Mr King’s case, 20p a share.

The Rangers chairman did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but he said last month that he could not agree with the panel ruling “nor follow its logic”. At that time, he added that he did not believe there was a substantial group of shareholders that would accept an offer at the price set by the panel.

Rangers, one of the world’s best known football clubs and a major social institution in Glasgow, has been at the centre of a maelstrom of legal dispute and corporate machinations since before it fell into administration in 2012.

Many fans had hoped that Rangers was set for a period of relative calm after Mr King wrested control of the club from retail entrepreneur Mike Ashley in 2015. Mr Ashley retains a 9 per cent stake.

Nick Rumsby, corporate partner at law firm Linklaters, said that the panel’s actions, while unusual, were “entirely appropriate” to ensure all shareholders were treated fairly when a company changed hands. “The rules are clear and require an offer to be made if there has been a change of control,” he added.

Katherine Moir, mergers and acquisitions partner at Clifford Chance, another law firm, added that the ruling showed that the panel was willing to flex its muscles where there was a direct challenge to its integrity as a regulatory body.

“The panel is usually able to rely on the reputational impact of its public censure regime and other traditional sanctions, but the initiation of these proceedings demonstrates that it will take further action where necessary to enforce its decisions,” she said.

Rangers declined to comment.

1 Like