Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

Don’t be a pedantic dick for once.
As it happens I was at that game also.

2 Likes

The 2-0 hun game?

I thought that the real clincher was the game just before that, I think it was a weds night, definitely a school night anyhow, where celtic beat Kilmarnock 2-1 away. That was the game I was referring to. I was at the ibrox game also. As I was handed the ticket, I was issued final instructions: “don’t buy anything, and be sure and piss on the floor”

3 Likes

Epic scenes for Sevco’s injury time winner against Partick today which keeps their hopes of finishing in third place alive.

4 Likes

The best part about that is the steward’s reaction.

Kilmarnock away was far from a clincher. The huns beat Celtic 2-0 at Ibrox four days later to go ahead on goal difference.

They lost two of their last four matches and that handed it to Celtic, despite Celtic doing their best to throw it away themselves.

The key result if anything was Kilmarnock scoring deep into the seven minutes of injury time the hun season-ticket holding referee had added in the second last match to win 1-0 at Ibrox.

Even then Celtic messed up at Dunfermline the next day.

The truth was that Celtic just about stumbled over the line in spite of themselves.

How the fuck would you know Sid? I went to just about every Celtic match that season, was living in Glasgow, and that at the time was my perception. It was a huge game, a difficult away match, and meant that Celtic had enough of an advantage that even with losing and drawing a couple of shockers, they could get across the line.
I’d Imagine that, like a lot of things, your experience of that season is largely derived from Google, so stop talking bollox frim behind a printer two decades later.
Your problem is that the sensible stuff you write is diluted by you spouting forth shite as an expert on every funking topic. It gets a bit tiresome.

4 Likes

im leaning towards Sid here

they fucked up vs Dunfermline and it went down to the St Johnstone game

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj7fAKKpIlE

1.11 onwards

Harold Brattback- a legend

1 Like

Was that game watched in The Fishermans Inn, Glengad?

Yep

what was your car called?

Don’t recall but it slept 5 that night.

2 Likes

It did, but at the time of the killie game, you couldn’t really have envisaged that. It gave them enough breathing room to draw at the huns, and still win the league. That’s how it felt at the time. It felt a seminal moment.

1 Like

I’d add that my visceral hatred of rangers stems I think from the constant refereeing bias towards them, the media bias, and the hard done by howls of hatred from their supporters which persist to this day.
Maybe it’s just the way I remember it, but I always recall that killie game as the biggest one. It’s probably just a skewed perception on my part.
At the time, it did mean it was all in celtic hands. A draw at the huns and two easily gettable wins.

2 Likes

This bizarre Sevco video of John Bomber Brown surprising a homeowner getting a smart meter installed is a work of unparalleled comedic genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csMnC7OCtC4

• They seemed to choose a homeowner who lives on a building site.
  • Bomber Brown and the electrician dude walk across the grass to the front door.
  • Bomber is carrying a cheap football in a black plastic bag.
  • At 14 seconds you can see Bomber rehearsing his “How ye doing?” opening line.
  • Bomber then delivers this “How ye doing?” line with such aplomb he follows it up with a beautiful “How ye doing anyway?” response to his own question
  • Bomber with a terrific speech:
    “Great to be here Scott and eh you’re getting a new meter put in today. And it’s great to see a Rangers man and he’s telling me his 10 year old son was training at Rangers and was in the academy and now he’s over at Motherwell so it’s great to see his boy is playing away and eh we’re about to get that meter all set up.”
  • Bomber: “He thought I wiz here to turn off the electricity.”
    Scott: “Oh right. Part of the nine in a row”
  • Bomber “The work they do is fantastic and the deal they got for Scott is gonna save him a lot of money.”
3 Likes

Very odd. What’s the story with bomber brown saying he thought he was gonna turn off the electricity and yer man saying something about 9 in a row? Am I missing something?
Odd that the scotch would need to promote something that apparently saves money.

2 Likes

:smile::laughing:

No you’re missing nothing. There is no connection.

That was bizarre. I couldn’t watch it to the end.

The gift that keeps on giving.