Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

I don’t. Any reports that I have read about proceedings at the match in Glasgow on Sunday refer to it passing off peacefully on the field and in the stands. A marked contrast to the corresponding fixture in May 1999 when Glasgow Celtic players and fans ran amok.

He clamped the fuck out of you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Dignity :rofl::rofl:

Dignity? Maybe you should be focusing on why @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy contends that the Roma ultras who put Liverpool fan, Sean Cox in a coma were more sinned against than sinning. What a warped moral compass.

This is the Sevco thread. You made an ass of yourself, move on slow joe.

I was at that game. It was an epic day. All hell broke loose in Glasgow, but much was rangers, not celtic. I had first hand experience of it.
Also iirc it was an evening kick off on a bank holiday weekend.
Rangers went on to replicate their behaviour in Manchester which I also experienced.

1 Like

I don’t approve of their treatment of Hugh Dallas either, but if rangers had been on the end of season after season of skewed decisions, and the same happened, Dallas would have needed a swat team to get out of ibrox.

loads of reports about the behaviour in the hotel

Post up a link from a reputable media source. I didn’t hear anything about it, albeit bar maybe an odd match report, I wouldn’t be paying much heed to soccer matters in Scotland. I’d better appraise myself of the facts to see if a retraction is necessary.

odd that you came into the thread to comment

6 Likes

Graeme Murty has left Sevco.

Come in Agent Murty, your job is done. Your father will be very proud.

I wonder if Graeme Murty will get the job now again until the end of the season.

4 Likes

:laughing:

Why is it odd? Television news reports on Sunday night reported that despite security concerns beforehand, the match passed off without incident both on and off the pitch, with minimal arrests.

The Scottish Sun wasn’t exactly what I had in mind as a reputable media source. In any case, I’ll have a read this once through the gutter tabloid press that you appear to rely on for your news.

Dignity
by Presbyterian Deacon Blue

There’s a man I meet walks up our street
He’s been sitting at the Ibrox
Has been thirty years
And he realises they’re nobody
And litter in the gutter
Vomits in a bag
He can’t talk but he can mutter
And he drinks his lunch from a Carling can
The children call him bogie
He never lets on
But I know 'cause he once told me
He let me know a secret 'bout the money in Sevco’s kitty
They’re gonna buy a dinghy
Gonna call her Dignity

And they’ll sail her up the west coast
Through villages and towns
Celtic’s on their holidays
Sevco doing their rounds
I’ll ask them how they got her they’ll say “I spent my money”
They’ll say isn’t she pretty that ship called Dignity

And they’re telling this story
About the death of their team
Sipping down Carling
And vilifying Charles Green
And they’re thinking about 10 and all that that means
And storming Sevco’s dinner for dignity

And they’ll sail her up the west coast
Through villages and towns
Celtic’s on their holidays
Sevco’s doing their rounds
I’ll ask them how they got her they’ll say “I spent my money”
They’ll say isn’t she pretty that ship called Dignity

Standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up
Yeah standin’ up again, standin’ up again, standin’ up again, standin’ up again
Standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up, standin’ up
Yeah standin’ up again, standin’ up again, standin’ up again, standin’ up again

And they’re thinking about home
And they’re thinking about faith
And they’re thinking about work
And they’re thinking how good it would be
To be here some day
On a ship called Dignity
A ship called Dignity
That ship

if murty has to leave now doesn’t that mean that sevco have to pay compensation as his contract lasts til end of season?

only sevco could botch that and payout when they could’ve hung in for 3 matches and paid nothing.

Still have to try to qualify for Europe so worth an oul try of the dice. The fans want Barry Ferguson :smiley:

The broad minded eurocrat who moved two hours drive south and got so homesick he couldn’t play.
Little scrote.

1 Like

Are they not doing well for a club that was formed only 6 years ago? A meteoric rise from he fourth to top tier of Scottish football with three promotions in four seasons and now on track for a second consecutive Top 3 finish in the top flight, possibly even 2nd yet with three games to go.

Just looking at the table there, Glasgow Rangers had scored four more league goals this season than the Champions prior to Sunday’s game and are 26 points closer than they were last season. I believe Glasgow Rangers were the last team to deny the all conquering Glasgow Celtic domestic silverware when they beat them in the 2016 Scottish Cup semi final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7z6fmzIANI