Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

If only I was informed enough to call a lad a failure based on 4 games in which he scored in 3

But you haven’t seen him play for Sevco, that’s uninformed.

His manager hooked him in games they needed to win with Sevco either level or trailing and left him on the bench for another and only introduced him when they were winning late on after the other striker had got himself sent off. Hooking a player with games in the melting pot and leaving him on the bench for games against your rival is hardly the sign of making a telling impact.

Have you found these posts @Cicero_Dandi ?

He’s doing a job on a par with the much maligned Graeme Murty with a vastly inflated budget. Sevco are the highest spending team in Scotland since Gerrard arrived.

Is that all you could find? :laughing: How many points was Graeme Murty behind Celtic at the same stage last season?

They’re basically the highest spending team for one season compared to Celtic being the highest spending for the 10 years or so previously and you expect them to be overtaking them straight away?

That’s what you were looking for.

When they played Celtic last March, they were 6 points off Celtic, the same number of points they are currently off Celtic. He’s doing a job on a par with Murty with a much larger budget.

Where did I make great proclamations about Sevco in that post?

That Gerrard was doing a great job with the team who spent the most money in the league this season and aren’t really doing any better than any of the other seasons.

He was at the time. I haven’t been keeping up with their results since. I didn’t see Sevco at all last season but it sounds like Murty was very hard done by

Great to see such action on a Scotch football thread, Rocko’s server investment paying off.

1 Like

Was he?

The next match they played the were bumped down to third with a team who operate with a fraction of the budget they do. They were dumped out of the Cup by Aberdeen as well. Not really sure how that constitutes a great job to be honest. They brought in a couple of players they really can’t afford this window and it doesn’t seem to be working out, this is all with the aid of having the match officials in their pockets.

1 Like

Yes, they were only three points behind Celtic after the game weren’t they?

But Celtic have been very poor in the first half of the season, it’s like last season really, if a little bit of heat comes on they will up it and pull away. Rangers can’t even shrug the likes of Kimarnock and Aberdeen off never mind catch Celtic.

This is witty by the Sevco twitter person.

Hysterical stuff :joy:

It’s hysterical tgat you were completely ignorant of the context of a matter you got quite haughty about.

Any pitch invasions today? I see Defoe failed to produce the goods again when it mattered @the_man_himself

Gap down to 5 points.

Murty Gerrard will be under a lot of pressure now. The cup is huge for them this season now.

Can’t understand the lack of pressure on him. They’re really poor. I see Davis didn’t last an hour today. He’s obviously finished if he can’t get into that team all the time.

2 Likes