Level 3 Run Challenge - Bank Holiday Challenge

We avoided all forestry roads for pretty much the entire route using mtb trails and then open mountain and fields.

5 Likes

Did 16k yesterday nearly all on trails or grass at about 520 average pace. Really enjoyed it.
Have an off road 21 pencilled in for the last Saturday before the Christmas with hopefully pints after.

2 Likes

As an aside, there’s great enjoyment in a longer run. Anything under 12k and you’re just grinding it out in your head and getting it finished.
When you step up the distance, you know you’ll be out for a good while, and stop thinking like that, and just enjoy being out with a few friends.

2 Likes

New tackies to breathe some life into my running again. Had a phlebotomy there a few months back and it knocked the shit out of me (running wise) for a few weeks, it’s hard then to get back to that level especially during the colder weather.

9 Likes

What’s a phlebotomy

1 Like

Is that cricket bails in the background???
Kk 🤷

Ok I got a Fitbit for Christmas. What’s my next step to becoming a fitness guy?

Aim for 10,000 steps a day. When you go for any sort of a run it helps a lot.

I got Ms Locke a Fitbit, first thing she said, “do you think I need to get in shape??”

Make yourself accountable to somebody other than yourself, (if it’s a serious question)
Or even to us, make a promise that you’ll run 10k without stopping by paddy’s day or something.

1 Like

10k is a bit ambitious. I can probably do about 3k without stopping at the moment. 5 by March should be doable

If you can do 3 today you’ll be able to do 5 by next weekend, it should be a piece of piss adding half a k to the end of each run till you get to 5

I’ve a feeling we will be lining up a 2021 lockdown run challenge mate

Cc @locke

4 Likes

I’ll destroy you in the new year…

It’s a miniature rolling pin for some kinetic sand

1 Like

Bring it on bitch

You wouldn’t destroy yourself you useless cunt.

Have you tried shoving your thumb up your hole?

1 Like

It’s ok to be scared.