Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

I think Nash does have that. Dan probably not.

Iā€™d prefer Byrnes not to chip in with scores, itā€™ll mean heā€™s shooting which means heā€™ll have a rake of wides.

2 Likes

I hope Seami Flanagan gets a run. He needs to be in the Championship early. Heā€™s a colossus.

4 Likes

Nearly feels like heā€™s being shoehorned into that position. Outside of Finn and the injured Richie English who would Limerick have in reserve at corner-back? Tom Condon retired I presume?

Nash has serious pace. I was becoming convinced by the wing back move, corner back not so much. But most of Kielyā€™s experimental positionings have worked out before. Iā€™d prefer Nash coming into the forwards though. Iā€™d probably bring him on before Ryan, breen or even Flanagan.

Exactly. Lohan wouldnā€™t train lassie to bark.

How are you old friend?

Rather splendid har. Thanks for asking.

The problem is once you stop hannon and lynch very little good ball gets delivered into our inside forwards. Teams will begin to Sit in deep versus limerick I reckon.

If teams adopt The Cody Approach we will struggle to score imo.

Iā€™d much rather Flanagan inside full forward and Casey in the half forward Line. Casey will pick up loose balls out there and Flanagan is a target man type who gives the backs a long ball option. I donā€™t see the need for Hegarty, Hayes and o Donoghue being honest. T Morrissey is very good to track back too and work hard. Heā€™s very good hands also.

I really think our backs in general can be got at when thereā€™s space in front of them. They are savage when hannon sits deep and cuts out a lot off ball but if he gets pulled out of position I do think they can be got at. They also get help from the half forward line at times.

If I was setting up against limerick Iā€™d drop my wing forwards back. Man mark hannon and lynch. Allow Brynes and the likes to play the ball out and crowd out the limerick full forward line. Invariably limerick begin to hit long balls or take shots from distance.

Iā€™d be very worried about that happening with the team named for Sunday. As I donā€™t think we are really set up to counter act it but who really knows how good Clare are. To me on paper they look poor.

Limerick have played one all Ireland 1/4 final 2 semi finals and a final under kiely and after 70 minutes there has never been more than a point either way in the score. So I donā€™t think limerick can win in second gear like some fellas seem to think.

I think If Clare allow hannon and lynch dictate matters we will win well. If they manage to stop the two lads which is no easy task itā€™ll be very close. If this happens Iā€™ll be intrigued to see how kiely and co react as they didnā€™t really against Kilkenny. Leaving obvious subs too late and not really changing the style of play either.

2 Likes

No idea tbh. He looked a little loose to me as a half back at times so itā€™s a huge ask. Maybe they are expecting Clare to play with a two man full forward line and allow him be the free man. We got caught out with that before playing Clare.

He will win an all star this year at corner back

Sheamus will win an all star this year in the full forward line

Dan will win an all star this year

Byrnes will end up with an all star and top scorer

1 Like

:popcorn:

1 Like

I added another one that you missed

Last one was too mad to copy tbh.

In fairness, no county does on the bench. We were just blessed to have the best sub of all time on the bench for 2 years

Nash is very fast.