Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

In fairness Ballybrown butchered 3 great goal chances and the ref denied them a few stonewall frees.

1 Like

They have picked up 4 or 5 from the barracks on Edward st, some good hurlers there including Cleere

4 Likes

A Kilkenny man I think

Yes, we had a good game with them in the league.

That’s genuinely good to see. A shitty result last week for a club with good tradition .

I suppose we didn’t know the circumstances last week.

He was impressive tonight,

How good were the two Barry Hennessy saves for Kilmallock near the end @balbec ?

Very good! Bsllybrown keeper made a good one late on from Reilly

2 Likes

Is the well and ahane on Tg4?

2 Likes

Sound!

Couple of big results yesterday. I was inside at the Ballybrown-Kilmallock matches. There was some serious discontent among Ballybrown supporters I was speaking to beforehand, but Hack was looking like a genius with 10 minutes to go. Tbf, the team he put out performed for him; you’d just wonder can you afford alienate a few players who are definitely good enough. Killian Gavin did his usual thing of picking off scores from out the field, Coughlan was a threat when he came into it, Luke was very good inside. Doolin worked hard and Josh Adams swept up nicely.

They probably should have been further ahead at half-time, they needed to get Aido into the game more, but then came out all guns blazing at the start of the second half. Kilmallock never panicked tbf to them, I think they always felt they were able to get scores at their own pace. Houlihan was obviously excellent, but Oisín O’Reilly & Gavin really stepped up when they needed them. Two unbelievable saves from Barry Hennessy kept them in it too. The concession of goal chances would be a worry, they slipped in behind easily enough. Dan Joy a loss alright, as is Graeme. Didn’t get enough ball inside in the first half though, Gavin wasn’t even utilised. Ballybrown just had no other option on puckouts bar Colin and Kilmallock sussed that out eventually and had loads of numbers back. Decent scoretaking though, even if it lacked a bit of intensity at times.

Shock of the round is probably Ballybricken/Bohermore beating Drom/Broadford. Opens that group up again. Micheal O’Sullivan got a goal from Drom early on, I think, and it looked like they were going to get a victory but Haulie Martin scored a late goal for B/B (I think he did a fair bit of scoring) and then O’Neill got a second for them. So that makes that one very interesting, B/B & Caherline top. Was talking to one of the Caherline management last night, they were without Brennan & Wixted, two of their best players but got the 7-point win against Christians. Not the hammering I envisaged but still a win; that Cleere for Christians got 2-2, he’s a lively corner-forward.

Padraig Barron & Jason Lonergan hit 1-3 apiece for Knockainey, who were 9 points up against Murroe/Boher at one point, it seemed from reports that M/B were fucked. But they scored three goals in the second half to get the draw. Kevin Clohessy, Jack Nicholas & Mikey Ryan got the goals. That means both those teams are on 1 point, both have a chance to make the semi-final if they win their last game, but either could also be in relegation. Advantage probably Murroe/Boher in that they had a fightback and are playing Cappamore last game. Obviously score difference will be against them if they do end up level.

Why all these matches were on the same time as the All-Ireland, I don’t know. F/K got the win against Askeaton, made the wrong call on that one. Croom beat H/H handy enough, as was expected. Rathkeale ended up with a decent margin over the Stakers, I had no idea on that one. Ballyagran were very comfortable against Claughaun by all accounts; put the game to bed early and strolled home to victory.

The big game today is obviously the Bouncers & Blackrock in the Gaelic Grounds, going to head into that shortly. Hopefully Ahane & the Well will be decent too. West derby between Knockaderry & Feohanagh should also be good. So many matches on, but so condensed as well, hard to get to many.

15 Likes

I was collecting pizzas last evening from D’oh on O’Connell street, there was a mix up with the order so I was waiting outside for a while, there was some absolutely fucked up from drink lads making a loud scene having photos taken by the sculpture of the sports fellas outside the bank, anyway I look over the road and there’s Kyle Hayes wiring for the bank machine with a very striking young lady, a model type done up to the absolute nines.
Anyway the lads spot him and start roaring, they were in the middle of the road holding up traffic, ‘man of the match, man of the match, Kyle Hayes’ anyway they approach him falling all over the place, he humored them good naturedly for far longer than many would, posed for photos etc, anyway this gives others courage and he was stuck there for ages with various groups, the girl didn’t look too happy but he kept up the smile, people passing on the other side of the road were shouting across etc, he’s a very recognisable fella, even from a distance. As I got the pizzas he was walking up the road, the bouncers outside Maggie Choos parted thinking he was coming in, but he passed on and hopped into his sponsored (2014??) car.
I was impressed, must be a tough old station heading out for a night

13 Likes

Shes a grand tall women too. Good breeding for limerick hurling in 20 odd years time.

The car is in for repair and Rhino gave him the use of that yoke in the meantime :rofl::rofl:

Kyle wasn’t happy about it but needs must.

4 Likes

Starting to fill up here in the Gaelic Grounds, but more sparse than I expected. This should really be on in Kilmallock. Heard a Garryspillane man remarking that he hopes they got the revenge out of the way in the league match.

Kyler, Malachy & BOC have just arrived on, expecting carnage.

3 Likes

Why do Limerick county board play every game in an empty gaelic grounds. Crazy.

1 Like

The limerick county board didn’t have michael Jackson concerts to fund the purchase of flower lodge

Hee-hee

Well with capacity restrictions, there isn’t much choice. 750 max in Kilmallock apparently, there’s more than that here.

Blackrock finally get their first point after hitting 5 or 6 awful wides. Owensie almost in for a goal, has a point on board already.

At the water break Garryspillane lead 0-6 to 0-4. We’ve had a significant delay here as Adrian Cooke is down injured. Wasn’t a contact injury I don’t think but he’s been down for 10 mins and they’re still attending to him. It’s on the far side so can’t really see but Halloran isn’t restarting.

Been tame enough so far, Blackrock have missed a fair few easy chances. Dylan Dawson carrying the fight for Blackrock, he’s got three from play already, the last an unbelievable score from the sideline, on the 21.

Owensie, Ciaran Sheehan, Dylan O’Shea and I think Haulie Bourke all have points from play.