Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Sometimes I think heā€™s on the wind up but actually I think heā€™s as dumb as he comes across.

Youā€™re emotional, thatā€™s ok.

1 Like

Oh heā€™s definitely a special case.

Its not really, its about producing the players with size, pace, skill and that can win their own ball. Are Cork spending any more than 6 or 7 years ago relatively; no, its just Hayes, Connolly, Barrett and Cunningham have come long and completely transformed their attack as they are all big, pacy, ball winners with plenty of hurling. You canā€™t buy that, they just come along and are then cultivated by good coaching.

The team with the best players nearly always wins

3 Likes

Clare couldnā€™t afford to feed an U20 team a few years ago, do you think we had spare money for development coaches etc. You will get nowhere without money

2 Likes

Cunningham hadnā€™t done a lick at senior level. There is nothing to suggest that he will be a pacy hurler at senior level either.

1 Like

Not yet but he will

Do you by any chance know when that backer started sponsoring Limerick?

He will what? He is a big lad with skill but pace isnā€™t something that he appears to have much of

That is a point alright re the meals and isnā€™t right. Thereā€™s others like Tipp and Galway surely wouldnā€™t be wanting that way and have gone off a cliff. I remember reading the Niall Moran comments on the 3 lads in Ard Scoil there.

I think we have seen the end of that stage there in Clare at least.

Tipp and Galway both have or had funding issues recently

He has done Limerick twice anyway. Remains to be seen but Iā€™d say he is going to be a top player.

Prove himself to be a top inter county player

And his missus is a lasher

1 Like

Because thereā€™s a falling out in Galway.

One thing that really grinds my gears whether itā€™s club or inter county is fuckers who pull funding based on whoā€™s manager or chairman etc.

You are either in or you arenā€™t.

Iā€™m not convinced. He is very similar to his uncle who was an excellent minor and U21 but lacked pace for senior intercounty.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen anyone on those teams that looked like the 4 Cork lads mentioned above to be honest. Has it come out that they werenā€™t being looked after training wise and stuff? Iā€™m not trying to be smart here btw, its a factor but I donā€™t think its the factor.

In fairness, everyone in Clare knows that Clare severely mismanaged funds for a few years.

Spike has told the senior footballers and multiple underage teams that there was no money for certain things this year. Senior hurlers have got a bit more leeway in funds due to their success in recent years but even they were cutting costs this year.

Whether Spike is telling the truth or whether he is just fiscally conservativeā€¦ Iā€™d lean towards the latter but heā€™s right to a point as Limerickā€™s fundraising capacity is probably at its peak right now, we canā€™t afford to let costs spiral because we wonā€™t have income at the same levels if we are less successful, thatā€™s just the reality.

Part of this is due to capital costs that they are investing in but anybody who thinks that Limerick get a blank cheque from JP is an absolute moron tbf.

15 Likes

I dunno, I think he had the hurling but remain unconvinced on the other aspects needed. Healy and Barry Walsh look to have as much hurling and more athleticism - there are only so many spots and opportunities out there.

2 Likes