Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

limerick for Liam as I predicted

2 Likes

Pat Simons hurley was held for his goal chance, he should’ve drawn a boot on it but its easy say that from the stand.

Thought Murphy and Browne particularly were good.

I would hope that we won’t take anything for granted against Waterford. They may have a lot of injuries, but they’re still a decent side and we cannot afford any complacency at all.

We’ll see how they get on today, but they have still named a decent 15, they are likely to be setup well and hard to beat. Need to drive it on now and prepare properly. It’s all about the recovery for next weekend; I suppose it’s the time that you’d look a bit of rotation but it’s hard to see how you don’t play any of the players who started yesterday if available.

1 Like

I had a dream*, the results pan out where it is a winner takes all in Ennis. Clare are 2 points up, the Clare goalie pucks out the ball on the 71st minute, it is caught by Cian and in ciaran carey esq solos up the field lays off to Murphy for the winning goal

• more like day dreaming while cutting the grass as opposed to an actual dream

Cork minors poor this year. Tipp feel they should’ve beaten Limerick 2 weeks ago, and will probably have a better 15 if they meet again in Munster final. As for seniors, Limerick are a coming force now and a joy to watch, fair play to ye. Liam is coming

1 Like

I hope it works out so that if we beat Waterford we are guaranteed a Munster final spot and we can run a few guys in the Clare game, I expect it will. We’ll have at least one or maybe two enforced changes next week and that will probably be enough. With Gillane out you’d think they’d find a space for Dowling but Tom Morrissey’s performance might keep him on the bench.

Morrissey put in some shift… Be hard to repeat that in 7 days.

Lads ye talk some bullshit in all fairness.

Sean finn should get an all star alone for that block at the end. He’s fast becoming one of the best corner backs in country. Absolutely aasults his man off the ball, never gets caught and has plenty of hurling when on the ball.

4 Likes

He made one stupid foul on Horgan when he lost the hurley, and one terrible clearance to Spillane from which he scored.

Apart from that, it was as good a corner-back display as you’ll see. The block was incredible.

I asked after the last game are the Limerick subs based on GPS readings, Morrissey was taken off the last day even though he was going well while Flanagan and Hayes had not been involved at all. Mulcahy’s substitution the same. I’ve had it confirmed now that this is what’s happening, when their race is deemed to be run the fresh legs are brought in.

Hayes set a gps high for limerick v tipp under John kiely. I’m not sure what that even means tbh. I believe he covered 1.5 km more than any other limerick lad on the field.

Hegarty is a natural forward in my book. Kyle isn’t but he was our main puckout option, he did really well yesterday. There is no chance he’ll move back, Dan played there when Hannon went off in the League and did well there yesterday.

1 Like

It would be a mad reshuffle to bring Hayes back. To beat somebody like Galway though I wouldn’t mind seeing peter Casey at 11 I said at the start of the year but I think he could do the absoutle divil out there. Like richie hogan.

I’ll have to watch it back again but I though Hayes was quiet. I’d prefer to see him involved in the play more than setting GPS highs, there is a lot more in him than what he showed the last two days.

Hopefully Hannon is ok. If not I expect Kiely will continue with the half back line that played yesterday, his MO appears to be to allow the players in position to continue unless changes absolutely necessary. That’s what I expect but I would not be averse to Hayes moving back to half back at all.

I reckon Casey ( Peter) will start next week as will Odonovan at wing back. Minimum disruption.

Tom Morrissey was immense. His point just after the goal was so so important. Outnumbered by about 3 Cork players, he just took them all on and burned them and threw it over. Really top class.

And it was his work rate that resulted Joyce in hitting the ball straight to Kyle at the end. He’s a super bit of stuff.

2 Likes

That’s not a runner. He wasn’t fit enough to make the bench this week. O donovan to half back? Why he was outstanding v tipp and very good yesterday?

I doubt both Mike! :wink:

William O’Donoghue half back Mike, O’Donovan midfield.