Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

That was his best ever game for Limerick. I counted at least 5 turnovers, he was the primary puckout option, hit two points. Hit a couple of bad wides in the first half but in the second, he was immense.

1 Like

Sorry I meant odonoghue. ( fucking predictive text)

1 Like

WOD was very nervous when he came on but he settled into it. Heā€™s flying in trainning by all accounts. Heā€™ll surely start next week if Declan isnā€™t back.

David Dempsey hasnā€™t really made any impact in his two cameos so far. Some lads like Dowling/pat Ryan are much more suited to coming on in games while I suspect Dempsey needs to start and get to the pitch of the game. It will be interesting if he gets a start or he could drop of the bench for peter Casey/Barry nash/downes.

Hegarty looked surprised to be taken off when he was.

I like the way he gets his head up in possession, obviously heā€™s very strong too. Iā€™d have no problem with him starting. Maybe Malachy on the bench.

Either would I. He forced his way onto the bench due to a performance v Dublin

Word was he was the Na P player most likely to start the last two games, heā€™s pushing hard for MF or half back.

Would a draw in todayā€™s game be if any use to us or do we want Tipp to win?

1 Like

They havent found space for Dowling so far , so why now. Kevin Downes a better option

Like I said I think Morrissey is keeping him on the bench now. We donā€™t see training. I think Kiely has set his face against Downesy. I think both have a contribution to make. I think weā€™re more likely to see Dowling. Some disagree, cest la vie.

John kiely doesnā€™t strike me as the type to take a set against anyone. Barry o Connell and David Reidy came from no where to make the panel this year, like wise seamus Flanagan couldnā€™t make the 21s team last year. It is quite obvious everything is being picked on form. Downes hasnā€™t performed and is behind about 10 players. Likewise Dowling just hasnā€™t cut the mustard. Iā€™d say only for the frees he wouldnā€™t be on the bench. Barry nash, Pete Casey, barry Murphy and pat Simon are the lads pushing.

1 Like

I think dowling can make an impact much more than downes. V Tipp i thought DOwling should have came for the last 20 for frees alone.

Reidy was playing Christy ring with Kildare not so long ago. Tore it up at that level.

Agreed, he also backed Hegarty in 2015 with the 21ā€™s when a lot of others wouldnā€™t.

I was surprised Dowling didnā€™t feature against Tipp. Not surprised yesterday. Ordinarily youā€™d have thought Waterford would be the game heā€™d be most effective in. Weā€™ll see, I suppose.

If management are basing decisions on GPS read-outs then Downes hasnā€™t a hope of featuring. Iā€™d definitely have him on a match day panel but itā€™s looking unlikely heā€™ll make the cut this year.

Ah here calm down. Somebody queried weā€™re they making subs by it. I doubt downes isnā€™t on the bench because of a gps. As I said yesterday Ryan, Murphy and Dempsey didnā€™t get to the pitch of the game at all really. Flanagan was out on his feet but would he have maybe stuck the goal chance? Itā€™s all ifs and butsā€¦

Yes Colin Ryan was taught by Kiely and he clearly fancies him as player but he got his chance and didnā€™t perform. He has now lost his place on the bench. Likewise Nash is clearly another player he likes a lot but he isnā€™t making the bench. Some lads like dempsey and casey unlucky because kiely kept the same team through out the league but lads who have gotten their chance through injury or else their performance in training have stepped up. Graeme wasnā€™t starting or WOD, DOD and Mike Casey. The four of these have come in for a few different reasons but they have performed. Now they hold onto their jersey. That is a brilliant reflection on the management team and the players attitudes.

1 Like

And all four deserve to start next Sunday. I was a bit worried about M Casey and WoD coming into the half backline for Hannon. But once he settled down he was fine.

Notable also the preference for a 6ā€™2 plus lad from the management team again.