Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Limerick gave away 12 frees and 3 of them were non frees. The notion Limerick are indisciplined across the board is bolox. Gillane was stupid. We also took 34 shots on goal and had only 6 wides. That is absolutely outstanding. The only thing that worries me from the opening two games is the sheer lack of goal chances being created. If we are to feature at the business end of the season you feel we will need to add goals to our game.

Shefflin made a good point in ST that a lot of Lk attacking is diagonal ball which isn’t conductive to goal scoring .

I think we need to start lashing in high ball again. Back to basics.

1 Like

I don’t really buy into that. We need Hayes and Hegarty to start making more direct runs on the ball imo and having peter casey back who’s are most natural goal scorer would also be a help.

The chances will come. If we had 15 on the park I am fairly sure Flanagan or Gillane would have isolated their men to create goal chances. We had a few opportunities against Tipperary where we took points.

Hayes and Hegarty are diverted hugely doing less glamourous stuff . Hegarty iin particular did some running grading the other night.

Time will tell but the three goals scored yesterday in GG came from errors . The phantom goal also a error

This x 100.
The Cork game was not conducive to Hayes or Hegarty making bursting runs.
They were swamped with defensive work for the most part.
We saw it against Tipperary and we saw it in the league.
It was just one of those games.
Kyle Hayes did an amount of closing down all over the field.

Whinging about lads going to ground after having a Hurley pulled across them as well??

1 Like

A mere off shoot of the discussion.
I wouldnt let it upset you.

We’re reading different things clearly

Very possible. I was talking to the Limerick men about the scores we conceded.
Apple talked about the Crk boys falling to the ground and I reminded him that they’ve being
doing it for years and best to move on.
I have probably missed a good few posts but you cant read everything on here.
You’re probably best to let it go yourself. It seems to be upsetting your day.

Didn’t hinder Galway much last year

Sometimes it’s about the appearance of the tackle too, Horgan is very good at making it look like he’s being fouled. O’Donnell is very good at it too, so it’s something to be careful of.

Horgan kept them in the game in the second half, both from play and frees.

TJ Reid is another one very good at this.
Head down arms up.

I’m having a hell of a day mate, hope yours is half as good.
It bothers me that people let such things upset them so, I’d have been as proud as anything of those Lumerick players, lads who took a Hurley across the body falling down wouldn’t bother me in the least

I’m extremely proud of that team.
I truly think they went from boys to men
with that performance.
refusing to yield is the trait of a winning team.
and of a seasoned team. Many of these lads are mature beyond their years.
I hope they get the support they deserve next Sunday.

1 Like

I won’t be bringing any flares on Sunday :crazy_face:

Bring a bag of them and we will all spark one up.

Can anyone tell me what’s going on with Barry Nash?
@Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr @Esso_Oil @Breaking_my_balls

Care to back that outrageous statement up?