Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

You meet me too?

Iā€™m puzzled?

You canā€™t be sure. Kiely could come up with a completely different game plan against Clare.
Dowlingg did nothing wrong today and for me made us look that little more dangerous and goal chances came easier to us. But the pace of tge Clare game will be different and their style of play is more similar to ours and the game will be quicker. Does that suit Dowling or Gillane

Who was the commentator on 95 for it, seemingly John Galvin(co-commentator) made a holy show him!

Iā€™m having a couple if quiet ones at home

Today, I think everyone was good, it was an excellent performance but there are tougher tests ahead. But it was a slick performance, we look very well-coached.

Quaid- Puckouts superb. Couldnā€™t do anything about the goal.

Finn- Tough as nails, proper corner-back.

Casey- Didnā€™t give Devine a sniff.

English- Excellent, but should have cut out the ball for the goal.

Byrnes- Pretty decent.

Hannon- Calm, composed, solid.

Morrissey- Superb. Really, really good. Half-back line in general is very strong.

Oā€™Donovan- Gets through an amount of work, up & down the pitch, hooking & blocking. Lovely sideline too.

Lynch- Pure class. The criticism of him was always too much fancy stuff instead of efficiency, and too much passing instead of going himself. It looks as if heā€™s got the balance right. A couple of flicked turnovers were beautiful to watch.

Hegarty- Top scorer from play, but I would still say he has more in him. The goal was very nice though, and gets through an amount of work.

Hayes- Very good again. Did miss two goal chances, but carried the ball more today, probably because he got it in space more. Work rate immense as always, the turnover on Gleeson was a joy to behold.

Morrissey- Fantastic player; always seems to be in space as an option, uses the ball really well, scores points; just playing really well.

Flanagan- His touch is sublime. His movement is fantastic. Playing with so much confidence, which is all you want from a forward. Fucked Dowling out of it at one point when Dowling took a point when Flanagan was unmarked in front of goal. I like that in a young player, not afraid to aim for the best.

Dowling- Flawless from the frees, got through a good bit of work from open play. Made the runs he neeeded to make and one great catch too. Couldnā€™t have done much more really.

Mulcahy- Not as good as the last day but still effective. Nearly made a balls of the goal, but just about got it over the line.

None of the subs were really outstanding, most got on a few balls.

We hit a lot of wides today, too many. Went from being so efficient against Cork to missing a lot. Still scored 2-26. Our forwards are really dangerous. Mostly frees in the second half, but in most instances, I think scores were on the way. Defended stoutly then.

Tom Morrisey has to be the most improved player on that panel

1 Like

Depends on what time period youā€™re talking about.

Cian Lynchā€™s performances in Championship last year werenā€™t good enough from a player of his ability. He is now delivering.

Clare v Limerick will be on RTƉ according to Des on the Sunday Game

1 Like

Wides are the kryptonite of this group. They actually hit less wides under pressure. Itā€™s when they have time and space they hit the wides

Let the cat out of the bag the stupid fucker.

Fact, Tom Morrissey and Hegartys goal chance in particular stood out. Nearly too much time to think!

Thought Morrisey was carried through the u21 campaign last year. Granted he was played out of position.
No-one ever doubted Lynchs ability but I questioned Morriseys selection from the get go last year. Glad to say he proved me wrong.

2 Likes

Iā€™d agree with the surname, but id give that accolade to Dan, mate.

1 Like

Can never remember a Limerick team scoring so much/creating so many chances bodes well for the future. As we go on though I would be worried about keyman injuries Lynch/Hayes etc are irreplaceable at the moment

2 Likes

His ball winning and 3 points from play in the last two games along with his distribution is top class.

A real fans favourite, when he went off he got a great ovation which was thoroughly deserved.

A class act.

Iā€™d whale in on limerick there. Great odds.

Weā€™re not getting over excited, mate. Awful long way to go yet.

Very positive though.

Canā€™t afford to get over excited. But on the bright side we are going to Ennis looking to secure a Munster final spot rather than fighting for our lives. Plus as Iā€™ve said before, the fact that we had today wrapped leaves us slightly fresher and probable gives us a fighting chance next week

Clare are flakey.
Tipp had them well rattled, and every time they ran at them they caused panic

1 Like