Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

I had this debate with @Watchyourtoes and he sent a few gifs in reply. Reidy is an out and out half forward. Heā€™s brilliant feat, good in the air and well able to take a point. If hego or hayes went down early heā€™d be straight on for one of them. Weā€™ve barry Murphy, Gillane and nash covering the full forward line. So itā€™s only David Dempsey and reidy covering the half forwards. Dempsey is probbaly a fullforward option too. So itā€™s a 4/1 spilt which isnā€™t ideal.

Casey is fine. Scored 1-6 for the U21s in a challenge v Wexford last week.

Not easy get in the squad these daysā€¦

Cut throat as I said. Heā€™d bad wides v tipp, miss a goal chance v cork and didnā€™t do great v Waterford. Was very good in the league. Kiely loves nash.

Youā€™d have to feel sorry for Pat Simon but The Dow has been setting the heather ablaze

Simon got his chance against ye and made a balls of it.

peter Casey struggled the last year nap were in the club Ireland and looked tired that whole season. Itā€™s possible the extended break will do him the world of good and have him back full refreshed for the all Ireland series in 6 weeks time. Heā€™ll get a few games with the 21s and challenges. We ruined hannon bringing back too quickly from injuries in the past.

Gillane is a grand option off the benchā€¦ Let the Dow do his thing for 50/55 mins and bring in Gillane to stretch them.

Heā€™ll tear it up for the 21s and either start or come in off the bench for the Munster final. Once he comes in at all heā€™ll start after that.

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

You would have said the same a few years before Stokes, Galvin et al came on the scene. Limerick will always be a regular div 4 or 3 team but weā€™ll get good teams again in the future.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have massive worries about conlon v Mike Casey and I presume theyā€™ll stick tony kelly on Dan morrissey which would be another massive worry.

Ah Iā€™ve never been that impressed with him, strikes me as the kind of guy who will do well in a league game against Offaly but not in the cut-throat of championship. But I guess he must be showing the required aptitude for work which Kiely craves.

The last time nap got to the final Peter Casey wasnā€™t on the senior panel. What are you on about? Spoofing again?

Donā€™t be worrying kid I am sure those lads arenā€™t Limerick by 7

1 Like

He didnā€™t refer to him playing for Limerick and in fairness he was quiet that summer in 2016 in both U21 games against Cork and Tipp. Shows where we are at that he isnā€™t being rushed back. Unfortunate for Pat Ryan but just shows the depth we have up front.

1 Like

Iā€™m talking about his general form for club and county. He was poor for the 21s and never got going for nap.

Thank you that muppet is ready to jump down my throat any chance.

If I am correct casey managed one point v cork and was subbed off just after half time v tipp in 2016. He was wrecked. We shouldnā€™t make the same mistake rushing him back for a Munster final. Let him find his feet and fitness.

The 21s and nap never got going at all that year. Nap understandable.

The 21s was mind-blowing bad

Give your fanny a wipe and donā€™t be so precious

1 Like

Limerick to win this I feel.

More settled and consistent. A lot of question marks about Clare.

1 Like