Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Exactly he had his appendix out just before Christmas was back for the Slaughtneil game and then played the 2 Cuala games while injured the second day. No point rushing him when things have being going well.

Happy with the team named, Pat Simon is unfortunate but thay goes to show the strength of the panel.

I think @anon32894817 alluded to it well. M Casey battle with Conlan is key. If Clare play as badly as they did for large parts of last weeks game against Tipp weā€™ll win handy.

Really looking forward to it now.

He had a hand injury didnā€™t he? He was probably working away at the fitness stuff and would have been only waiting to get the sharpness back, he has enough hurling to be up at speed already.

Itā€™s all well and good minding a fella but you need to get your best players put on the field

When are lads going to realise Mike Casey is the real deal?

Worried about devine on Casey, worried about conlon on Casey.

Is it because weā€™ve had Richie for so long that ye need to be worrying about the full back?

3 Likes

Yep had his hand split open the first day and played with painkillers the second day. Then the shoulder went. I am sure he would have been thrown in by now if things werenā€™t going well but no point rushing things. We have at least another 2 games after Sunday no matter what so plenty of time.

Richie was a super full back, I rate him very highly. I canā€™t think of a time he cost us a game. He had some bad days but they were days when the whole team got opened and personally I give him a pass for that, no full back is going to hold back the floodgates when the whole team is beaten.

Casey is a super player. Heā€™ll be in the full back line for many years. Like any full back someone will score goals off him at some stage, thereā€™s lads here only waiting for him to trip up but heā€™ll silence them all the same way Dowling has.

7 Likes

No he didnā€™t have a hand injury. He was unable to do any running for 6 weeks.

Richie was not a super full back FFS. Your heart would be in your mouth every time a ball went in to him. He filled a gap for a few years and did his best but as soon as someone good came along he was going to be taken out of there. He was such a ā€œsuper full backā€ that Kiely put Seamus Hickey in there instead of him all year. And we know Hickey is not a natural full back but still he was favoured there. Says it all. You need a safe man there.

1 Like

Glad theyā€™ve dropped Conor McGrath. Donā€™t care how out of form he is he always plays well against us.

1 Like

Wrong.

You are talking to the biggest the clown of all time here. He clearly outlined if Limerick were to do any good back in march that richie mcccarthy would have to have an outstanding season. He now is trying to make mike casey into something he is not. Hes played about a game and half very well and he goes off building him into something he isnā€™t. Casey has nothing proven yet. Hardly any of this team has. Saying a lad will be full back for many years ffs. See how he goes on sunday and for the rest of the year. Same clown was going on about dowling being the next tj reid or seamus callanan and talking up ronan lynch. Putting ridiculous expectations on kids.

1 Like

He has been a shadow of himself the last couple of years .

I checked the score in the football this evening and they were 9 down after 8 minutes. Youā€™d think the keeper would have been able to slow it down enough that they werenā€™t scoring more than a point a minute. He must have kicked a few straight to them or something as well

At least they got a decent crowd.

Think he got a hip operation, doesnā€™t look the same and lost a yard of pace Iā€™d say.

Itā€™s a shame for the lads own sake, such a top quality player. Iā€™m glad myself at the same time heā€™s not playing on Sunday because you just know heā€™d finish if given a chance.

Like to see him back in full flow just not against us !

Mike Casey has more proved than most men would in their lives. A senior all Ireland with the club. U21 all Ireland and munsters. The man gets it done. Youā€™ve a fierce bitterness towards na piarsaigh and anyone associated with it.

1 Like

I do not. Weā€™re talking about senior hurling none of these guys have proven much. Bar maybe Quaid, Graeme, hannon or Dowling at this level. Loads of lads have 21s minors and club medals. This is a different kettle of fish.

This is the same lad who was calling Flanagan and Gillane superstars and all stars and all sorts before theyā€™d played a game at senior. Actually I donā€™t know why I bother thereā€™s no point really.

1 Like

Himself and Honan .