Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Please dont take this mad house as a barometer.

2 Likes

Iā€™d nearly give ye the win tomorrow to see what future craziness portends.

2 Likes

A win tomorrow would see the bandwagon start itā€™s engine alright.

Ye have it

:rollseyes:

No one is out so ye

But a Munster final would be nice

Youā€™ll be in attendance for the Munster final pal, I presume. :grin:

1 Like

Cop on fffs. Youā€™ll be banned yet.

1 Like

Noā€¦ not till Croke Park.

1 Like

Anyone whose driving tomorrow, what time do ye plan to leave Limerick at? It ought to be pandemonium down there traffic and parking Iā€™m sure.

If ye want to stand behind the goal ye would want to be in Ennis for 10

Donā€™t mind those tools. Shure Cheddar and Wolly went for Clare this week. That was after talking shite about the Laois manager job and the Meath football manager for 20 minutes.

1 Like

Hasnā€™t been a match crowd like it in many years. Could be chaos

The level of hurling that weā€™re playing at the moment makes us serious all ireland contenders. Weā€™re the only team to beat Tipp comfortably in the championship, we were outstanding for a lot of the game in Cork and were clinical when hammering Waterford. If we can maintain that level of performance I think we will win the All Ireland, maybe thatā€™s me getting carried away but thatā€™s what I genuinely think.
BUT, Iā€™m not sure can we maintain it because the level weā€™ve been producing has been consistently excellent and many players have had such a leap in performance levels since last year that you would think it wouldnā€™t be possible to keep going at this rate. Tom Morrissey is a man transformed this year, thereā€™s no fumbling of the sliotar, last year he was being consistently substituted at under 21 level. Seamus Flanagan wasnā€™t on the 21s team last year and now is performing like Seamus Callanan. Richie English took a while to bed in at senior level, if Limerick keep progressing then heā€™s in all star territory along with the other two in the full back line. Hannon is unbelievably composed and unshakeable. Dan Morrissey and Darragh O Donovan would be two who would go under the radar and mightnā€™t have the profile of others but are having an excellent championship. Greame Mul is back to his best and Cian Lynch is delivering on the potential to be one of the very best in the country. Itā€™s hard to believe that Kyle Hayes was a minor two years ago, the pace and power of him but especially his ability to make any type of ball delivered to him stick in his paw is off the charts. Quaids puck outs and the movement of the midfielders and forwards for them have been outstanding.
Kiely had to go with the same 15 for Sunday as whoever plays makes themselves undroppable, even though I think that Gillane could potentially be our most dangerous forward.
So, thatā€™s the fear, as all the players are surpassing expectations, can we keep that going tomorrow, for a munster final and for an all ireland series? I hope to God we can, because Iā€™m biased I also think we can, but if we do, it will take an excellent team to knock us out

6 Likes

Weā€™ll be taking it pal.

Leave now Iā€™d say.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the general consensus where Limerick fans will be?

Crowd will be scattered more than likely? Have a Northern Terrace ticket myself.

The Limerick lads are fucked. Going 3 weeks on the bounce is is just an impossible ask.

It fell very well for Clare this year with their break and I expect them to run away with it in the last 10 mins.

Donā€™t think so. Bench strength will tell tomorrow. Iā€™d be expecting us to win that tomorrow. I wouldnā€™t be getting notions beyond tomorrow but Iā€™d be expecting to win.

1 Like