Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

How is the big man

Iā€™m good thanks

4 Likes

That was disappointing, but not the end of the world. I would be disappointed with some of the management decisionsā€¦ But also the on-field decisions, our use of the ball was the worst this year. More similar to the Kilkenny game last year than any game this year.

But our skill levels and work rate were off aswell. For example, Flanaganā€™s touch last week was sublime with fellas hanging off him, it was very poor today. We needed our half-forwards to carry the ball down the wings, we didnā€™t do it at all. Dowling not suited to a 2-man full-forward line with a sweeper in front. We needed to either go with 3 inside and occupy Shanahan or make a switch. Also didnā€™t stop Clare working it through the lines as well as we did against Cork.

But we learn from those mistakes, I still think weā€™re good enough to take on anyone but we canā€™t afford that kind of performance level.

You were going on about us winning all week. You wouldnt listen - Typical Limerick fan.

Very dissapointed with that, Clare were deserving winners. mcInerney and Conlan were excellent.

Hannon had a good first half, both Morrissey brothers were decent but other than that we were terribly flat.

The lads on the line need to question themselves as well, essentially it was a free shot at Clare as weā€™re still in the AI series but they brought on Richie McCarthy at halftime rather than Gillane.

Onwards and upwards, weā€™ll still have a say in the AI series, but that performance (or lack there of) is hard to take.

Any word on Finn and English? They have a month to get right again.

That performance was on the cards.

Limerick very poor. First touch was terrible. No shape to the team at all. Strange decision to take off Mulcahy at half time when 4 points behind and bring on a defender. Negative. Fear.

1 Like

Mulcahy wasnā€™t at the races at all, Dowling and Tom Morrissey the only forwards to do themselves justice

Cruciates gone

Ollie Moran flagged it last week alright. Was a decent point to make that this talented group will need to taste defeat as part of their learning process.

I think everyone is dissapointed, but weā€™re still in the championship. Lessons hopefully will be learnt.

Just back.
First of all congratulations to Clare. An extremely good professional performance.
We were bate out the gate.

Iā€™m very disappointed with that. Thought athat half time we were still very much in it.
4 points down but had a strong breeze at our backs.
Iā€™ll accept the fact that we were tired but only to a degree

We made a balls of it on the sideline. Particularly in the last 20. We showed the Clare full forward line way too much respect by continuing to play a sweeper
We had the safe net of third there anyway and should have just went 14 on 14. There was nothing to be lost.
Anyway we are still there. Disappointed not to be in a munster final but themselves the breaks.
Off to Thurles Thursday night to see how young Casey gets on but I get the feeling it could be a bad week.
Congrats to the minors

2 Likes

Very harsh on Mulcahy. He got zero ball today.

1 Like

Promotion and get out of Munster was the target - both achieved.

As soon as Dowling missed that handy early free had the feeling it was going to be one of those days. Just flat and subdued from the get go. The sharpness and energy just disappeared.

Bad day at the office but on we move.

Hope Carlow win as it would be a change of scenery, sick of Mullingar. And itā€™s a horrible drive too.

3 Likes

The way clare play the breeze isnt much of a factor really

1 Like

Itā€™s the way we played it was the problem

2 Likes

Thereā€™s still a lot of young lads on the teamā€¦ they were up against a well season team today and it showed. I honestly felt at HT last week that Limerick were fucked. There was just something in their body language that showed fatigue - Waterford were just gash.

We just need to let the team develop and iā€™ve no doubt success will come. But for now, they are still very much boys and were beaten by men todayā€¦ I think weā€™ll take KK tho after a nice break.

4 Likes

Iā€™m fairly downbeat now, but this route might not be the worst thing either.

We are in no different a position than if we had won today. Clare or Cork still have to win Munster to advance.
The upside is if (and itā€™s a fucking huge if) we beat Kilkenny and Wexford loose to the beaten Munster finalists, I still think we would avoid Galway in a semi.

What date is that match Dodgy?