Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

He was excellent, as was Dan Morrissey. But I was just talking about the forwards. I thought Lynch got through a lot of work too.

Thats it in a nutshell, now Limerick werent hurling anyway and would have been beaten anyway if they had set up orthodox, but youd rather go down punching.

1 Like

+1

Whats the point in giving Clare an extra man in their backs when you’re losing the game.

I think it was later than that even but at that stage the game was over, Clare soaking up the high, aimless goal chance seeking ball and hitting on the counter.

No, I agree with you. Kiely & Kinnerk were poor on the line today, but the on-field decision-making was bad aswell.

But these are defeats that you have to learn from. I don’t think it will do us too much harm; regroup, learn & make sure it doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

Ah sorry. I think we’ve lost shape since Dowling has come in. He was trying to do too much inside. Several times he made crossing runs that closed off his teammates space. Flanagan was trying to play full forward in the corner too. It doesn’t work for me. Gilllane, Flanagan and mul were much better as a unit.

I’m surprised.
My prediction was 100% accurate.

I am told that Shane Dowling has never scored from open play against Clare in championship hurling.

Must check to see if it is true, would be at least his 5th time at least playing against Clare. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was true.

1 Like

:grinning: that’s some great analysis there

Dowling is a fine hurler but not suitable for a two man Full forward line .

Its interesting that hes back to being dowling and no longer The Dow

1 Like

That knife was being sharpened for a long time

1 Like

I didn’t know that. He was a non-factor today anyway.

As opposed to the rest of the Limerick lads.

You’d be correct. Didn’t score from play in 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 And 2018.

No, it was a terrible Limerick display all round. It raises lots of question marks really. I honed in on Dowling because he was, quite bizarrely, praised for his performance today by another poster.

You honed in by saying he didn’t set up any scores today which was a strange way to go about it.

He did ok first half. Won a few balls - hit one across field to set Morrissey up for a point. Think he set the same player up second half for another but he is not the type of player you want with two up top and I was shocked Gillane wasnt on earlier for him -

This is where we shit the togs on the sideline

1 Like

I’d love a crack at Limerick, although I’d fear a serious backlash. Sick of playing Wexford.