Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Not great for the “premier county”

You’re a horrible cunt.

Oh aye, one all Ireland a decade isn’t great.

Catch yourself on mate

that’s what it says on the package mate, no false advertising

Four championship matches in.

Played well in 2 (Cork & Waterford), ok in one (Tipp) and shit in the other. Not the end of the world.

Still fairly deflated after today all the same. Just so leaden footed. Never looked in the game even when only four or five down.

Casey, Flanagan, Gillane full forward line for me when all available.

4 Likes

The big worry is the full back line for me. We’ve Plenty of options in the forwards and I think kiely will get it right. Casey is class and will be a huge addition. I think richie English is our best full back. Sean finn is are only former back. Richie mc and Casey are both 3s too. Hopefully Finns injury isn’t serious.

Just in the door from Ennis. I fell up the stairs :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Ate you going to Thurles Thursday?

The impact of the subs has lessened as the games have progressed. Interesting that the two Doon lads have gone off the radar completely. If you wanted a forward to chase two backs for a half an hour and make life difficult then Pat Ryan would be the ideal candidate but he wasn’t there. I have time for Dempsey but outside of extra time in the club final he has been out of form for a while now.

I rate David Dempsey too and I just think he’s much more suited to starting than coming on. Pat Ryan had made a huge impact off the bench earlier in the year but missed his chances v tipp and cork I guess.

Whats really disheartening today along with the overall performance is the fact we lost the last 10 mins plus 5 mins of extra time by 6pts to 0.

Is it not Wednesday?

No. Thursday

1 Like

It’s easy to be disappointed after today but I think limerick fans underestimate how good these clare players can be. They went down to thurles and beat tipp playing poorly which very very rarely happens.

That’s hurling though man once you go 5-6 down with 10 mins left you go goal hunting and the opposition will just continue to tack on the handy scores from there.

1 Like

They were allowed play today tho. Limerick’s game is built on huge work rate and we just didnt have it. Hego was very flat - Kyle tried but the same energy levels were not there. Lynch was hit by 2/3 players every time he got the ball. As flat as we were we just handed it to them second half.

That’s very true. Exactly like the 2013 semi final. I was amazed that most Limerick fans thought they just had to turn up. The win over Kilkenny went to ye’re heads.

Huh? The 21s?

Massive credit to the minors they properly manned up in a very tight game, in front of a near full crowd,pity the seniors didn’t follow their example.

Did ye not play kilkenny in the previous match? Maybe that was the year before.