Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

The two Galway receivers of the short puck out wouldn’t be the tidiest in those situations . The Galway keeper who came on had a monster puck out .

Casey was outstanding

Is he a brother of the sub that came on towards the end in the forwards?

Yes

Limerick a few good sets of brothers so.

I believe the Morrisseys are brothers too but that’s to be confirmed still

Oh and If Ronan Lynch had stayed on the panel you’d also have had the Lynch brothers.

1 Like

Surely hurling will overtake rugby in Limerick now? There was never that big a crowd at a Heineken homecoming.

Immense. His best performance of the year.

My thoughts turned to family of the late Jerry McCabe when they all sang a song about a limerick ira man. No class or decorum shown

2 Likes

Just talking to a work colleague back in today. From Na P and the fucker is still hoarse :nigeria:

I thought he was a cert for MOTM until he went off.

1 Like

I’ll be down there visiting so might pop in

1 Like

It will be particularly poignant as it’s being sung tonight at the exact spot where he was killed.

We fished in silver streams the fabric of our dreams

Was John Kiely’s talk about the importance of conducting themselves as champions before or after the airing of this distasteful and inappropriate song?

It’s despicable behavior really. What’s wrong with limerick you’re a lady? Apart from the irony of the title of course

1 Like

It doesn’t do much to dispel the accusation from some quarters in the Unionist community that the GAA is the IRA at play.

1 Like

The same Unionists that put on their Orange vests every year and demand to march down nationalist streets playing sectarian tunes?

:joy:

10 Likes

Have you ever been to Dromcollogher

I thought the images of horses leading the bus were in bad taste too when you consider the myriad of deaths of horses due to neglect and downright cruelty throughout limerick.
Overall this celebration when you throw in the glorification of alcohol abuse has shown limerick in an extremely negative light and only copperfastens the tainted reputation the city unfairly holds.

1 Like