Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

001074ab-642

3 Likes

Kiely played Clare for absolute mugs. It was a master stroke.

4 Likes

:grin: Sure we had kilkenny softened for ye and Clare had us softened for ye.

Handy an AI as I’ve seen

1 Like

Correct. Tipperary and Waterford were in crisis mode too. The chip team that was selected against limerick, people in Tipperary thought it was an April’s fools day joke when it was called out. The win against Cork was fantastic but when the need was greatest they failed in Ennis and failed badly.

Mugged right off…

Eh the need wasn’t greatest then though, we were through regardless

Nah,
Handiest AI ever was 2013. An absolute gimme

The Clare lads are gone so mental they are celebrating beating us in a dead rubber which we had no interest in

Seamie Flanagan softened ye right up. West Limerick style.

They will need to cling to something to get them through the winter…

1 Like

We might throw em a bone and spend a few days in the holiday homes after Christmas. Extra few bob will come in handy for them

Limerick were immense from mins 38-48 . That’s where it was won. Hayes and Flanagan did untold.

What dirty tramp threw the hurley at Dowling for his goal?

1 Like

P Mannion, should have got a 2nd yellow and we probably would have coasted home then.
Nicer to just get over the line, bit of work needed for 2019.

1 Like

So Graeme Mul hurler of the year?

1 Like

Ye

7/1

Worth a bet at that price…

1 Like

Mannion was poor last Sunday he has to be in the running

Was superb against Tipp, ran riot, think he scored 4 points.
Brilliant in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, led the fight from the front.
Slightly quieter against Waterford but still got a goal, pretty much a replica of the one he got in the final, seized on the goalkeeper’s mistake quickly.
Was sacrificed at half-time in the Clare game which was a bad call, in hindsight.
Goal against Carlow.
Excellent against Kilkenny, think he got 3 from play again.
Superb in the semi final, again stood up and took the game to Cork when needed.
Top scorer from play in the final, a goal when Galway had pulled themselves back into the game, set up another goal and scored the point that won it when it may have slipped away.

That’s good enough for me.

3 Likes

Would be my choice if a Limerick man was to get it. I don’t think it will be though. Cian Lynch and Declan Hannon will probably be named as the nominees by the experts.