Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Any other scores ?

They don’t have to, every club in the county is supplying them now. Monaleen and claughan upped their game a few years back and a lot of smaller parishes doing great things.

Where are you from your so interested in what Limerick are doing?

It’s a requirement on TFK to have at least a cursory interest in Limerick hurling mate, box office and all that

3 Likes

Clare feel fiine

There was a poster called Player
Of Hurling he knows every layer
He’s a sound oul shkin
Unlike some of his kin
Who can’t hack that Liam rests in Adare

7 Likes

Soak it in man

DOD playing for Oola vs Kieran’s tonight.

Edit- And he scores an early goal.

And:

4 Likes

Pat Simon & Richie English on, goal for Richie English too.

Unreal last Sunday was simply amazing to see the lads do it on the biggest stage was unreal. Delighted for kiely and co and so many great limerick people.

I couldn’t get over how easy things went for us for 65 minutes. All week we were hearing about the limerick bench changing the game and johnny glynn doing this, that and the other. I figured both wouldn’t happen. Glynn was galways 4th best forward to my mind and it was utterly braindead from the galway management tactics wise to use him as a focal point. I was sure they would put joe on the edge of the square and stick glynn half forward and put whelan on hannon. That was the set up that would hurt us.

Long deliveries against limerick are very difficult because we play six forwards who hound backs and that makes good deliveries very difficult. They barely cleared one easy ball. Flanagan and Hayes were deranged at points chasing lads. Their touch suffered they were so up for it. The hit on GMAC shook me.

We were nervous at times. Having watched it back sober today I thought gillane won plenty off daithi burke, a lot more than john conlon anyway and more than people were making out. One thing we didn’t do is make a hero out of burke either. Which was key. We used gillane when it was on but we didn’t keep hitting to it. This was a massive win for limerick.

What galway were doing with GMAC on the kyler I have no idea. Hayes can go down as an all time great. Incredible for just a twenty year old. He is a total beast. Lots of his family had tenners and twenties on him to win MOM at 22/1. Great stuff.

Hannon was brilliant too. Those two points are amazing. Delighted for the kid. He has gotten more shit that any other limerick player in my time and he is the finest fella you could meet. A total gentleman.

Thought casey done well but he’ll always thrive against one trick ponies like Glynn. You have to have it every way if you want change off him. Also he played the ref supperbly. He knew what he could get away with in the first five minutes. So kept at it. Also told it was richie mc who came up with ploy to stand on his catching hand a long with kinnerk. Simple but effective as long as galway didn’t get low ball in or else it would look silly. Just like nap in the club all ireland when he went off the other five backs seemed a lot less comfortable. Way more mistakes. The guy must be a brilliant communicator on the field.

Flanagan was our key man and galway didn’t get to grips with him. I felt when he went off the ball wasn’t sticking as well too up top. I think elvis pointed out he hasn’t the best of hands and he should have stuck the goal but hopefully that comes in time. That bit of cuteness. The dow has it. If he adds that to his game he’ll be some player.

I thought galway had us after niall burkes point but thank fuck for graeme mul. I went bananas. Delighted for him. He came on the year of the strike. Some 8 or so years.

The celebrations have been amazing. Everyone can’t stop smiling. I don’t remember much from sunday till tuesday. I doubt I’ll be allowed into adare again. I’m heading to the well now for another feed of porter in a bit.

Limerick Limerick Limerick.

9 Likes

Also watching it back duignan was absolutely seething at limericks play. Calling for phantom frees all game. The guys a total cunt.

3 Likes

We’re top of the heap now kid. They’ll all want to take us down from here on in. This is the week that they all carry out their post mortems and “if only this and if only that” We been doing it ourselves for the last 45 years.

2 Likes

First time in 19 years that drom/Broadford have failed to make the knockout stages of the SFC. Some record but had to end at some stage.

Cork lads doing their best to keep themselves relevant with the all stars :laughing:

Kyle Hayes will surely win young hurler of the year now. He deserves it over Fitzgibbon on account of the final performance.

2 Likes

Without a doubt. I’d be surprised if tom morrissey doesn’t win hurler of the year. Bar the cork game he was outstanding all year. Hope you enjoyed the game and the week.

Yes pal I certainly made the most of it. I must say I disagree about Tom Morrissey being hurler of the year, I would give him little enough chance but wouldn’t it be great. Graeme Mulcahy would be ahead of him if going to a Limerick man, for me. I don’t think Hannon should get it over either of them despite him being shortest in the betting of our lads. It’ll probably go to Mannion alright, albeit Red Bull Joe has arguably been better this year than he was last year when he won it. I felt Gearoid McInerney should have got it last year.

I really hope Kyle gets young player he has been immense all year. He deserves it.

2 Likes

Kyle is a great lad and comes from a great limerick hurling family. They’d be genuine hurling fanatics in that house.

1 Like

Claughaun don’t have a game to up for fucks sake.

Good to know you’re still alive anyway👍

1 Like

Delighted for you mate

1 Like